VCU -- wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCU -- wow

When the men's tourney selections were announced, I watched Dick Vitale soundly criticize the selection of VCU over other programs including, for example, a Colorado team with some impressive wins. Vitale was pretty tough on VCU.

I agreed with Vitale.

Ooops. VCU to the Final Four and ya gotta like that team. They don't give a rat's rear end who they're playing.

Re: VCU -- wow

VCU - Butler - Kentucky - all foes that we have faced through our transition into D1. Very exciting that anything can happen in March and April!

Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      When the men's tourney selections were announced, I watched Dick Vitale soundly criticize the selection of VCU over other programs including, for example, a Colorado team with some impressive wins. Vitale was pretty tough on VCU.

I agreed with Vitale.

Ooops. VCU to the Final Four and ya gotta like that team. They don't give a rat's rear end who they're playing.
      Vitale isn't the only one. Gottleib, Bilas, etc did the same, and it did appear VCU had less of a resume than some teams that were left out. I don't think they were tough on VCU as much as they were tough on the committee that put them in the tournament. Nobody likes to feel slighted and VCU is showing they belong.

Comment

there is a bracket on espn whose final four teams are kentucky,uconn, vcu and butler. this bracket has vcu beating kentucky in the finals. smart or lucky or a homer. probably someone going to vcu

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          there is a bracket on espn whose final four teams are kentucky,uconn, vcu and butler. this bracket has vcu beating kentucky in the finals. smart or lucky or a homer. probably someone going to vcu
          Wow! That person better buy a lottery ticket before their luck runs out.

Comment

The tourney needs more quality mid-majors and less lower finishing major schools - think Big Least

Comment

Did not SDSU play them close a couple years back? Seems it was early in the season and we made a good showing against them at their house and that really got my hopes up for a good season. VCU was considered a very good team at the time. Just think of the $$$$$ they will get even if they loose the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                The tourney needs more quality mid-majors and less lower finishing major schools - think Big Least
                I wonder what the TV ratings for this Final Four will be, relative to other recent ones (apropos two mid-majors in the FF) . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I thought we played VMI not VCU?

(edit)

Ok, decided to look. We played VMI in Nov 06 and VCU in Nov 08.

Butler was our very first DI game during our transition.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I agreed with Vitale.

Heh. I missed your "oops" before. Sounds like they changed their mascot from Rams to . . .

HONEY BADGERS!!!!

(That weird sound you all up north have been hearing all day coming from the south is the continued gnashing of teeth of Jayhawk fans down here. It's pretty deafening.)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was bummed my Duke team lost, but since they are out, I am really enjoying the upsets. I really think Butler is going to win it all. something about watching them I think they have the best chance even though they only win close games, but they win them is the key. I really hope fans embrace the mid majors and watch the final games,I hope they show that they really can not only compete but win.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm really hoping Butler gets Kentucky in the title game and pulls out the victory. I would love to see Calipari go down like that.

On KFAN here in the Cities, Dan Barreiro was joking today that Kentucky should just pull out now to save the fans the heartache in a few years should they win of the title being vacated for breaking the rules somewhere along the line with this squad. I Always Love That One....
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          I'm really hoping Butler gets Kentucky in the title game and pulls out the victory. I would love to see Calipari go down like that.

On KFAN here in the Cities, Dan Barreiro was joking today that Kentucky should just pull out now to save the fans the heartache in a few years should they win of the title being vacated for breaking the rules somewhere along the line with this squad. I Always Love That One....
                          Completely agree with the Calipari statement. Don't like that guy.

Sad thing is it's probably true. He cheated at UMass then at Memphis. Both schools vacated final four runs. He is getting rich doing things that way so why should he care? Until there are severe penalties to coaches these things are going to continue.

IMO, coaches need to be fired and not allowed to coach anywhere else in the NCAA. Might wake them up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Sad thing is it's probably true. He cheated at UMass then at Memphis. Both schools vacated final four runs. He is getting rich doing things that way so why should he care? Until there are severe penalties to coaches these things are going to continue.

IMO, coaches need to be fired and not allowed to coach anywhere else in the NCAA. Might wake them up.
                            Well, they didn't let Kanter play which would have and could have been this years violation. I am impressed with the kids on his team, just wish he was not the coach there. I agree, thats the match up I want is Butler beating Kentuky.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Agree that even though Calipari doesn't grease his hair quite as much as he used to,he is still one of the slimiest coaches around. He continues to get away with it because he lets an intermediary get their hands dirty so he can deny everything and go on to the next job when things catch up to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X