Butler v Pitt ... wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler v Pitt ... wow

Did anyone not pick Pitt to make the final four?

How controversial was that last foul called on Pitt?

Wow...my brackets aren't worth lining a bird cage.

Re: Butler v Pitt ... wow

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I picked Florida to the final four, but yes, that was a bad call. That should never happen. How do you call that on a rebound?
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Clearly a foul. One of the DUMBEST plays I have ever seen from the Pitt kid. They deserved that. Absolutely NO REASON to reach like that.

Big East = Overrated.

Comment

I don't think I did, but I know I had them going farther than this. I decided this year that once I put my picks in, I'm not looking at my brackets again until Monday. I think that it has made me enjoy the games a little more and also allowed me to focus more on my daughter's activities when not able to watch the games.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Me.

Pitt has been upset every year for the past 3 years.

And the Big East is now 7-6 in the tournament. If you want an argument against RPI, there it is.

Comment

I take back my comment. That was a foul. The ref was right to call that. The Pitt player made a huge error.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I picked Florida to the final four, but yes, that was a bad call. That should never happen. How do you call that on a rebound?
              I picked Pitt to lose to Florida in the elite 8 game.

That doesn't make all the red on the rest of my bracket any better though.

I'm at 25 of 38 right now.

I'm somehow not the bottom dweller of the Jackrabbit league though, Joeboo and Bub94 are both listed below me, somehow, even though they each have 1 more point than I.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

first- it was a foul, generally its not called in that situation and the coach should have pulled his players out.

2nd. If you make the freethrow it doesn't matter. I say it day in and day out you make your freethrows and stuff like this doesn't happen.

3rd. You are a #1 seed, you are playing a #8 seed which wasn't great by any means (last year Butler was a lot better then the seed given, this year not so much) You shouldn't even be in the situation to have a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I take back my comment. That was a foul. The ref was right to call that. The Pitt player made a huge error.
                  Yeah, it was a foul but it seems like a foul like that is often ignored with so little time left. Anyway, what a finish. There's a young man on Pitt's roster who is going to have trouble sleeping for a few nights. Give him Chris Webber's phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Me.

And the Big East is now 7-6 in the tournament. If you want an argument against RPI, there it is.
                    Because you brought up RPI, I saw this interesting article by Ken Pomeroy on the RPI.

http://www.slate.com/id/2288042/pagenum/all/

Comment

Me as well. I have Wisconsin beating Florida to go to the Final Four.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Yeah, it was a foul but it seems like a foul like that is often ignored with so little time left. Anyway, what a finish. There's a young man on Pitt's roster who is going to have trouble sleeping for a few nights. Give him Chris Webber's phone number.
                        Not sure if you saw the interview with the head NCAA official but I liked the point he made, it was a foul. If you ignore it based on time aren't you penalizing the opposing team? The reality is that Pitt screwed up and gave the official no choice but to make the call on an obvious foul.

Comment

I also have Wisconsin in the Final 4.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Me.

Or an argument against giving a #1 seed to team that lost its first game in the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                              Because you brought up RPI, I saw this interesting article by Ken Pomeroy on the RPI.

http://www.slate.com/id/2288042/pagenum/all/
                              I would have used more words of Anglo-Saxon origin than Pomeroy does in describing the RPi, I guess . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X