Tennesse (Bruce Pearl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennesse (Bruce Pearl)

Are Bruce Pearl's days numbered after losing by 30 pts. to Michigian? Doesn't look good for him.

Re: Tennesse (Bruce Pearl)

Did not see the game,but the Vols must have quit on Pearl and not provided much resistance - Michigan won by 30 without making a single free throw. That has to be some kind of record.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Did not see the game,but the Vols must have quit on Pearl and not provided much resistance - Michigan won by 30 without making a single free throw. That has to be some kind of record.
      considering it was a 4 point game at the half? yeah they quit big time, that and Michigan played a really good last 25 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Are Bruce Pearl's days numbered after losing by 30 pts. to Michigian? Doesn't look good for him.
        Pearl's days have been numbered since he was suspended by the NCAA. This just gives them a much easier out.

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
          Pearl's days have been numbered since he was suspended by the NCAA. This just gives them a much easier out.
          Thanks. I caught the tail end of his interview and there was mention afterwards of events of this past week, and I had no idea of what they were speaking of and now I know. No doubt this affected everyone connected to the program. A real meltdown for sure.

Comment

Heard the guys on ESPN talking about how Tennessee's President (or was it the AD?) made some comments shortly before the game and ESPN was speculating that had a negative effect on the team. They should have played a lot closer.

Comment

I wonder if it wasn't so much that the players quit on their coach as they did on their school... when you hear Tennessee's AD talk about sticking by Pearl even during the suspension and the revocation of his contract, and the then turns coat and talks about doubting whether or not he'll be around.

I guess if I was a player I'd think they were selling my coach down the river so why should I care about playing? I'm predicting mass-transfers if Pearl leaves.

Not that I condone what Bruce did, but at the same time I can't stand the apparent wishy-washy behavior of the administration.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
              X