Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming fires mens head coach

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17321313

not really surprising, wonder what route they will go with for a replacement

Re: Wyoming fires mens head coach

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17321313

not really surprising, wonder what route they will go with for a replacement
    I remember the WNIT game the SDSU women's team played in Laramie back in 2007 which I attended in person.

This guy paraded onto the court pumping his fist in the air trying to pump the crowd up. He as just been announced as their new head coach at the time. He said a few words about how he was going to turn this program around, etc. I just thought "i'm glad this guy isn't our head coach." Not a surprise he didn't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      This guy paraded onto the court pumping his fist in the air trying to pump the crowd up. He as just been announced as their new head coach at the time. He said a few words about how he was going to turn this program around, etc. I just thought "i'm glad this guy isn't our head coach." Not a surprise he didn't last long.
      Sadly we had to learn things the hard way.

Several names have popped up on WyoNation (I'm a moderator on the board).

Larry Shyatt (former coach of the team before leaving after 1 season to coach Clemson)
      Steve Morrall (former CSU head coach)
      Jeremy Cox
      Billy Gillespie
      Joe Dooley
      Reggie Theus
      Steve Lavin
      the one one assistant at BYU although a lot of guys on WyoNatioin DO NOT want him since he coaches at BYU. Yes, the hatred of all things BYU amoungst Wyoming fans is THAT intense!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post

Larry Shyatt (former coach of the team before leaving after 1 season to coach Clemson)
        Jeremy Cox
        Billy Gillespie
        Joe Dooley
        Reggie Theus
        Steve Lavin
        the one one assistant at BYU although a lot of guys on WyoNatioin DO NOT want him since he coaches at BYU. Yes, the hatred of all things BYU amoungst Wyoming fans is THAT intense!!!!!!!

Um......Steve Lavin coaches for St. John's and I really doubt he's going to quit that job to go to Wyoming. They just beat Duke a few weeks ago.

And Billy GillIspie would have quite the fall after coaching at Kentucky a few years ago.

Reggie Theus would be quite a catch too.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Jeremy Cox
          Billy Gillespie
          Joe Dooley
          Reggie Theus
          Steve Lavin
          Steve Lavin is at St. Johns I believe and I don't see him leaving, especially for Wyoming

Gillespie I think could work, the only thing is he might have a time where he can't coach with the buyout at Kentucky, not really known. And he had a DUI while there, don't know how that would work at Wyoming.

And I'm guessing Dooley applies and will be a finalist.

Comment

As long as UW gets a HC who can turn around the basketball program, upgrades the OOC sked, AND gets us into the Big Dance almost every year and advances beyond the first round, who cares who ends up being the next head coach!!!!

I'm more into football anyway!

Comment

As long as UW gets a HC who can turn around the basketball program, upgrades the OOC sked, AND gets us into the Big Dance almost every year and advances beyond the first round, who cares who ends up being the next head coach!!!!

Those guys are like streetcars, there will be another one along in 10 minutes. Oh, wait a minute.......

Comment

Working...
              X