X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD 'a whole new level'

From the Sioux City Journal

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news...deb98c05a.html

"The student athletes are really excited," Sayler said. "I feel for the ones who have gone through the transition. We're playing a Division I schedule, but it will be September 2012 before we're fully eligible" to play in NCAA post-season tournaments.

Fans will be looking forward to that day, when USD will be a regular on the ESPN crawl.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: USD 'a whole new level'

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    From the Sioux City Journal

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news...deb98c05a.html

"The student athletes are really excited," Sayler said. "I feel for the ones who have gone through the transition. We're playing a Division I schedule, but it will be September 2012 before we're fully eligible" to play in NCAA post-season tournaments.

Fans will be looking forward to that day, when USD will be a regular on the ESPN crawl.
    So . . . they don't understand that they're already showing up about as regularly on the crawl as they're going to be? (No smack here, they're probably getting the same crawl space (pun intended) right now as S DAKTA ST up north . . .)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Their 2011 schedule. E. Wash, SUU, Lamar and UC-Davis at home as well as 2 lower division teams for 6 home games. 2 FCS games to pad the bank account.

Sep. 3: @ Air Force
      Sept. 10: Eastern Washington
      Sept. 17: Lamar
      Sept. 24: @ Wisconsin
      Oct. 1: Lindenwood
      Oct. 8: Southern Utah (Dakota Days)
      Oct. 15: @ Illinois State
      Oct. 22: UC Davis (Family Day)
      Oct. 29: @ Cal Poly
      Nov. 12: Missouri S&T
      Nov. 19: @ North Dakota
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Their 2011 schedule. E. Wash, SUU, Lamar and UC-Davis at home as well as 2 lower division teams for 6 home games. 2 FCS games to pad the bank account.

Sep. 3: @ Air Force L
        Sept. 10: Eastern Washington L
        Sept. 17: Lamar W
        Sept. 24: @ Wisconsin L
        Oct. 1: Lindenwood W
        Oct. 8: Southern Utah (Dakota Days) W
        Oct. 15: @ Illinois State L
        Oct. 22: UC Davis (Family Day) L
        Oct. 29: @ Cal Poly L
        Nov. 12: Missouri S&T W
        Nov. 19: @ North Dakota W
        Book it.
        Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 01-28-2011, 12:14 PM.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Book it.
          Reasonable prediction, but I'll optimistically predict California doesn't repeat its season sweep. USD shouldn't have lost last year at Davis, and I think they'll get revenge at the Dome.
          University of South Dakota:
          Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
            Reasonable prediction, but I'll optimistically predict California doesn't repeat its season sweep. USD shouldn't have lost last year at Davis, and I think they'll get revenge at the Dome.
            If I recall correctly, USD shouldn't have lost to UC Davis in the Dome on Hobo Days 2 years ago. I remember a couple missed XPs and missed FGs.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              If I recall correctly, USD shouldn't have lost to UC Davis in the Dome on Hobo Days 2 years ago. I remember a couple missed XPs and missed FGs.
              they have a hobo day too? : )

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Wow. That's a mistake I never imagined myself making a couple years ago. I meant Dakota Days, obviously.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  It's the football game where they go and give tickets to real hobos from Sioux City in an effort to increase attendance.

They are working on getting as many people at the game as they report, but they just can't find enough hobos.

Comment

Working...
                  X