Wisco 76, USD 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisco 76, USD 61

Reading press reports and the game story on Wisconsin's website, it appears the Coyotes gave Wisconsin fits yesterday. Wisconsin pulls it out to win 76 - 61 but the Coyotes made it a game.

One paragraph from the game story in the Wisconsin State Journal newspaper talking about Wisco's Jordan Taylor who had 20 pts, 11 rebounds and 9 assists:

In fact, Taylor's performance, that would have given the UW program its first triple-double, was against a gritty South Dakota squad that threw more wrenches at the Badgers than a hot-headed plumber under a leaking faucet.

Re: Wisco 76, USD 61

For the majority of the game the Yotes held it to a single digit game. It wasn't until the very end that Wisconsin stretched out the final score. What I find interesting is that despite playing a good game and keeping it close, that is not good enough for Boots. He has become a no excuses coach (the exact opposite of Meierkort) so it's a no wonder that he has this young team playing hard the majority of the time and being able to win games against teams that probably overmatch the Yotes in talent and athletisism. As disgusted as I am with the football team I am just as satisfied with the attitude of the basketball program. I wish Ed would just listen to Dave Boots' interviews and take some notes and learn from it.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I followed the game. USD played them pretty tough. Krogman played very well, and USD wasn't out of it until the end.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I followed the game. USD played them pretty tough. Krogman played very well, and USD wasn't out of it until the end.
        I know a box score can't tell the whole story, but Krogman was 3-7 from the floor for 7 points and 3 rebounds...
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          I know a box score can't tell the whole story, but Krogman was 3-7 from the floor for 7 points and 3 rebounds...
          K that's pretty funny considering JJ said he played very well. JJ can you explain a little more to defend your post?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I followed it fairly closely on line. Westbrook (JC transfer) is a heck of a scorer and he has provided reliable offense every game, I think he had 18 against UW and he is averaging over 20 (or close). Jake Thomas had a decent game. USD's bench was key, UW's bench did nothing. UW dominated in the paint point wise but USD did alright on the boards.

Although USD never "went away" I don't think UW ever really felt threatened either. Nice effort by the Coyotes and deserving of respect. Westbrook has been a nice JC pickup.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              K that's pretty funny considering JJ said he played very well. JJ can you explain a little more to defend your post?
              I meant Westbrook. Early morning, pre-caffeine brain problems (note post time of 7:05 a.m.)
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Yotes lose to Canisius in the Dome tonight. Not a good loss, especially at home. For what it is worth, Canisius is a middle to lower team out of the MAAC.

The Yotes have some talent, but seem to be inconsistent, but hey, so are the Jacks.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                X