TCU to the Big East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU to the Big East

Rumors about schools changing conferences seem to have quieted a little but this morning the Associated Press is reporting TCU is leave the Mountain West to join the Big East Conference starting with the 2012 season.

STORY LINK

The story contains a listing of recent conference moves (I can't keep them all straight!)

Re: TCU to the Big East

Yeah I think this moves signals that the Big East wants to break apart with Football schools and the rest. If they can get Notre Dame to come in (big if) I think that brings football to 11 schools. (WVU, Pitt, USF, Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, Cinci, Louisville) then if Villinova is going to go FBS, TCU joins and ND puts them at 11. Add one more and they are at 12.

Comment

I wonder what, if anything, this means for Big East basketball . . . doesn't this put the conference at seventeen schools for basketball?

I agree that this seems to indicate that things are moving towards a football-basketball split in the Big East, although I suppose they could be thinking about going in basketball to 20 members, or 24 or 36 or . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not a bad gig for TCU. They get to be top dogs in a BCS AQ conference PLUS they get a piece of the Big East's March Madness money. I read yesterday that the Big East's 2010 share was $23 million. The MWC's share was $4 million.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I wonder what, if anything, this means for Big East basketball . . . doesn't this put the conference at seventeen schools for basketball?

I agree that this seems to indicate that things are moving towards a football-basketball split in the Big East, although I suppose they could be thinking about going in basketball to 20 members, or 24 or 36 or . . .
          I got a chuckle from a Rick Pitino comment: We should add MIT, that's who it's going to take to figure this thing out."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            ...although I suppose they could be thinking about going in basketball to 20 members, or 24 or 36 or . . .
            And start their own Feb Madness Mini Dance?
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
            X