This may upset tjbison...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may upset tjbison...

At the risk of offending tjbison (see thread in Summit League section "MN Gophers 84, NDSU 64"), I think it's interesting to post scores from games of other schools including schools SDSU has played or will play this season.

Gary Garner's Dakota State Trojans (SDSU exhibition game opponent) beat Augustana College tonight 52-51 at Augie. I have no idea how long its been since DSU beat Augie...certainly not in recent memory. Garner has had success at many levels and Dakota State may be fun to watch. Dakota State notched a win against USF, too, and plays Wayne State at Wayne, NE, this weekend.

The game is Augie's first loss of the season. Not sure how this works but apparently Augie counted the game while DSU considered it an exhibition. From the story on Augie's website: "The loss is Augustana's first of the season and drops the Vikings to 3-1. DSU counted the game as an exhibition and stays at 5-3." Augie's Cody Schilling scored 21. (Didn't SDSU take a hard look at Schilling?)

Re: This may upset tjbison...

I don't know how it works either, but man, I bet DSU wishes they didn't count it as exhibition!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think the same thing happened for the USF Augie game (it counted for one team, but not the other).
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        At the risk of offending tjbison (see thread in Summit League section "MN Gophers 84, NDSU 64"), I think it's interesting to post scores from games of other schools including schools SDSU has played or will play this season.

Gary Garner's Dakota State Trojans (SDSU exhibition game opponent) beat Augustana College tonight 52-51 at Augie. I have no idea how long its been since DSU beat Augie...certainly not in recent memory. Garner has had success at many levels and Dakota State may be fun to watch. Dakota State notched a win against USF, too, and plays Wayne State at Wayne, NE, this weekend.

The game is Augie's first loss of the season. Not sure how this works but apparently Augie counted the game while DSU considered it an exhibition. From the story on Augie's website: "The loss is Augustana's first of the season and drops the Vikings to 3-1. DSU counted the game as an exhibition and stays at 5-3." Augie's Cody Schilling scored 21. (Didn't SDSU take a hard look at Schilling?)

Dakota St lost in overtime to USF and beat Morningside. Their other two losses are to DWU.

Comment

I know that it's only NAIA basketball, which some may think is nothing more that glorified high school basketball, but this is a good team with a good coach. DSU was picked to finish near the bottom in its last year in the Dakota Athletic Conference. If the non-con schedule is any indication, I think there's a lot of North Dakota and West River schools that are in for a rude surprise

I'll always be first and foremost a Jackrabbit fan, but I gotta say... GO TROJANS!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            I know that it's only NAIA basketball, which some may think is nothing more that glorified high school basketball, but this is a good team with a good coach. DSU was picked to finish near the bottom in its last year in the Dakota Athletic Conference. If the non-con schedule is any indication, I think there's a lot of North Dakota and West River schools that are in for a rude surprise

I'll always be first and foremost a Jackrabbit fan, but I gotta say... GO TROJANS!
            I think Garner is a very good coach as we saw at FHSU. Given the right atletes, his team could go far this season. Interesting that both the Augie and DSU coaches have D1 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Augie's Cody Schilling scored 21. (Didn't SDSU take a hard look at Schilling?)
              We had interest and per my understanding decided he was not the all-around player we wanted at the DI level. He is a great scorer and I think a decent defensive player at the DII level. IMO he is right where he should be.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X