Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU and Utah State rivalry

Just in case you didn't see this on Yahoo:

A BYU student with access to the basketball arena's scoreboard, put up a post-game sendoff to Utah State after BYU beat Utah State 78-72.

Some guys just don't get it and can't resist the temptation to take it too far using the school's equipment.

LINK

Re: BYU and Utah State rivalry

Can't wait until we can be on Yahoo sports with a headline about our in state rivalry and dead animals being thrown onto the court. /sarcasm
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think that message is in bad taste, but it really isn't that big of deal. After all, there wasn't any profanity used or derogatory comments made.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I think that message is in bad taste, but it really isn't that big of deal. After all, there wasn't any profanity used or derogatory comments made.
        If poor taste or lack of tact were unacceptable traits a lot of people would be in trouble. I'm with you on this one.

Doesn't mean I have to accept profanity or other disruptions at an athletic event I attend with my family, there is a line that is often crossed and it seems not as often crossed since we moved DI.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's very embarrasing for BYU because they hold themselves out as the be all and end all of college athletics sportsmanship. I went to a football game a few years ago in Provo and they have a long pregame video with the players, etc. preaching about sportsmanship and telling everyone to be "Always Friendly." Their rivals love it when they fall off their high horse.

Comment

The problem, in my view, was a decision by one student gives the appearance that it was an official act of the university and the university, its athletic administration and all those in decision-making positions -- had no input.

The message itself wasn't so bad and is consistent with the guff fans often give to opposing fans.

Comment

Working...
            X