X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton Saga

Saw this on a Notre Dame board

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/M...=22778676&Pg=1

It's long but worth it. Can you say Death Penalty?

Re: Cam Newton Saga

The facts aren't in yet and I don't like seeing a young man have to go through this type of publicity.

That said I have associates in the "Who you for?" region dominated by UA & AU. Those for Auburn are either in denial or angry over the situation. All are concerned that there is way too much smoke in the air for there not to be some kind of fire.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      The facts aren't in yet and I don't like seeing a young man have to go through this type of publicity.

That said I have associates in the "Who you for?" region dominated by UA & AU. Those for Auburn are either in denial or angry over the situation. All are concerned that there is way too much smoke in the air for there not to be some kind of fire.
      I don't like seeing him go through this without the facts but like you said there is too much smoke for there not to be fire. The thing that gets me is that boosters that were around in the early 2000s and 90s when Auburn was penalized severely are still there and doing it again. You know it is serious when the FBI gets involved

Comment

I think the Cam Newton part is what it is, but the interesting part is that they went from 7-5 to getting one of the top recruiting classes in the nation and nobody is going to wonder what happened? No coaches were changed, not much conference change with coaches, Florida, Alabama, and others were still strong as heck in the conference and all of a sudden Auburn is getting all these recruits? Generally where there is smoke, something is burning, whether it is as bad as the poster makes it sound? who knows, but I will say this, if I'm Auburn, I'm playing Cam Newton, if all of this comes out and they know its coming out you are going to get big time trouble playing or not playing him.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how man Heisman winners were being paid under the table back in the day. I'm sure it's a greater percentage that we know. I've almost come to the conclusion that this is just part of the game now for college players. It's been happening for years and I doubt it is going to change much. Is it wrong? Yeah it is, but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            I don't like seeing him go through this without the facts but like you said there is too much smoke for there not to be fire. The thing that gets me is that boosters that were around in the early 2000s and 90s when Auburn was penalized severely are still there and doing it again. You know it is serious when the FBI gets involved
            Spend some time in the deep south and you will understand why this is happening. In north Alabama you will see no NFL gear, you will see no UAB, Alabama A&M or Athens State gear. You only see Alabama and Auburn. UA/AU is like Vikings/Packers and has the same attitude and boosters. The SEC is the only thing going. I know UAB grads that when asked, "Who you for?", will answer 'Bama.

Add to that the fact that Alabama is larger with more resources, Auburn boosters desperation to win, and you have a situation ready for cheating. Someone walks in that can play and has their hand out. That hand may get filled.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Spend some time in the deep south and you will understand why this is happening. In north Alabama you will see no NFL gear, you will see no UAB, Alabama A&M or Athens State gear. You only see Alabama and Auburn. UA/AU is like Vikings/Packers and has the same attitude and boosters. The SEC is the only thing going. I know UAB grads that when asked, "Who you for?", will answer 'Bama.

Add to that the fact that Alabama is larger with more resources, Auburn boosters desperation to win, and you have a situation ready for cheating. Someone walks in that can play and has their hand out. That hand may get filled.
              Football in the south is flat out crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Football in the south is flat out crazy.
                Need to qualify that with the word College. And yes, it is flat out crazy.

Comment

Need to qualify that with the word College. And yes, it is flat out crazy.
                  High school too

Comment

Working...
                  X