Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAC to invite 4 schools (Montana not among them-yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAC to invite 4 schools (Montana not among them-yet)

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sport...ded-to-the-WAC

Texas State and UTSA (football)
    Denver and Seattle (!) (non-football)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: WAC to invite 4 schools (Montana not among them-yet)

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Seattle (!)
    Hey, it gives them access to the Seattle market!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of.

I mean, hey, you're talking about a team that is the third item under the 'more' menu on the Seattle Times Sports website....................

It don't get much better than that. Well, like they could be the second item on the more menu, or maybe the top item, or they could be another menu on the sports page, but hey, They're ahead of Boxing!!

Comment

The article reads as if the WAC door is still open for Montana but not necessarily Montana St.

That may be good news for UND and USD should they decide to look west. The conf FB schedule could stay mostly in or east of the Rockies.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Kind of sucks they are taking Denver, that was a school talked about for possible Summit league membership from time to time.

Comment

As a travel partner with SUU. With SUU leaving for Big Sky, perhaps not as desireable? Would be nice to see schools added within or near the existing geographic footprint. I did see in the article in the Argus this morning, Sayler hints that UND and USD may not move as a pair.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...02/1002/sports
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            As a travel partner with SUU. With SUU leaving for Big Sky, perhaps not as desireable? Would be nice to see schools added within or near the existing geographic footprint. I did see in the article in the Argus this morning, Sayler hints that UND and USD may not move as a pair.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...02/1002/sports

"The president will deal with the Summit League," Sayler said.

One could read a lot into this statement, I am speculating that getting out of a Summit League committment may not be cheap.

Comment

I'm spectulating that many USD alumns will want to stay with the Summit if possible. That speculation is based upon the obvious and vocal desire of the USD faithful to resume their NCC rivalries.

Comment

Working...
              X