Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 LB Prospect Helmet Flying Hit

----
    Last edited by husker07; 11-09-2010, 12:09 AM.

Re: 2012 LB Prospect Helmet Flying Hit

1. Since you name has the word "husker" in it, I won't welcome you here (although I'm sure others will)...
    2. Your buddy (#23, I assume) didn't really even deliver the hit - his boy #16 did - although #23 acted like it was all his...
    3. If the ball carrier straps his helmet on, this doesn't look sweet at all...

Just my opinion...

Comment

Hahaha damn dude, I thought it looked pretty good!

Comment

I am a husker fan so that's cool. So is my friend but after the SDSU game vs. the Huskers this year a lot more Nebraska kids took notice of your program. I actually played against two of your recruits from last year, the Humphrey St. Francis guys. They were both really good but I think my friend is at least on par with those guys as a Jr. As for the hit though, if 16, who is also a very good player, put on the hit why did he go backwards three yards as soon as 23 got there?

Comment

Originally posted by husker07 View Post
          a lot more Nebraska kids took notice of your program.
          Note to Tom Osborne:

If you're going to schedule an FCS team, don't schedule one that plays football the way it is revered in Nebraska.

Comment

I gotta be honest that game really pissed me off. It didn't make sense that a team with BCS bowl talent could be playing an FCS close like that. It just goes to show how much heart really matters in football. With that said, SDSU has some pretty amazing athletes as well.

Comment

Do any of you guys have opinions on the guys from HSF, Korus and Krings? Do you think they are going to future contributors?

Comment

It just goes to show how much heart really matters in football. With that said, SDSU has some pretty amazing athletes as well.
                I'd give their coaches credit too.....

Stig was on an Omaha radio station before the season, and when asked how you prep for a game like that, he said that it's tough on the coaches, because you can't use blocking schemes, etc.

SDSU, I think, played their usual game on offense (Minett between the tackles)--it being particularly well suited to Nebraska's smaller LB corps. IMO, the coaching really paid off on defense. Keeping the linebackers back and containing Martinez instead of pressuring him runs counter to the way these guys have been coached since grade school, but it worked. And (unfortunately for you guys) it worked even better when Texas did it. Of course those dropped passes didn't help.

Comment

Do any of you guys have opinions on the guys from HSF, Korus and Krings? Do you think they are going to future contributors?
                  I think they're all redshirting, so I don't know as anyone outside their coaches would have any insight at this point. They were all recruited, which means something. If they're hardnosed and teachable, they'll go as far as their abilities will take them.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    I think they're all redshirting, so I don't know as anyone outside their coaches would have any insight at this point. They were all recruited, which means something. If they're hardnosed and teachable, they'll go as far as their abilities will take them.
                    With Danny batten as proof....

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      Hahaha damn dude, I thought it looked pretty good!
                      Danger, I used to watch you flat-back LB's ten times harder than this hit...

Comment

I don't think either player is on scholarship but are preferred walk-ons. I remember one of the coaches being impressed Krings and saying he has a chance to play down the road, I haven't read anything about Korus.
                        http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

They were both good players in HS, but I thought their success had a lot to do with the fact that they had such a superior team. Korus led the state in yards but in my opinion we played two or three backs better than him during the year. However, he had some of the best body control/balance I've seen. As for Krings, one of my friends who played with him on an all-star team said that he had just great technique and used his long arms well to get leverage. He definitely has the body to pack on some weight and I think could be a pretty good D end.

Comment

Here's a rough cut of season highlights
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOnjD5HurEA

Comment

First of all, welcome to the board! As a fellow Nebraskan, I always enjoy seeing more Husker fans sharing their interest in the Jackrabbits. My family prefers to wear blue on Saturdays, but we are Huskers too.

As far as the hit, it looked impressive - but it was against a pretty soft Amherst team. I know a number of kids in the Amherst school and they have few players that like to hit this year. I also viewed the second video clip from the Amherst game and was disappointed that he wasn't flagged for that hit. Both kids took two steps after the kid dropped the pass and he drilled the receiver with a high hit. That is not acceptable.

On the long youtube video, I did like how most of his tackles were aggressive tackles at the waist or legs. Those hits are the ones that kids don't get away from and will typically not get injured. Good luck to the kid and I hope he has a successful senior campaign and gets a chance to play at the next level.

Comment

Working...
                              X