GREAT WEST CONFERENCE PRESEASON POLL

(first-place votes in parentheses)

1. UC Davis (3) 23 pts.

2. Cal Poly (1) 18 pts.
    3. Southern Utah (1) 14 pts.
    4. South Dakota 11 pts.
    5. North Dakota 9 pts.

Re: Great West Football Poll

I realize it may be a heterodox opinion on an SDSU board but I have the feeling that USD is rated a bit low here . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think the voting went like this.

UC -Davis (3) 5 5 5 4 4 = 23
      Cal Poly (1) 5 4 4 3 2 = 18
      S Utah (1) 5 4 3 1 1 = 14
      USD 3 3 2 2 1 = 11
      UND 3 2 2 1 1 = 9

Not a lot of respect this year for the UxDs!

Comment

Is UND going to be that bad? We certainly cannot afford any kind of let down on the last game of the regular season. Okay, I know: one game at a time. First up: Delaware.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Is UND going to be that bad? We certainly cannot afford any kind of let down on the last game of the regular season. Okay, I know: one game at a time. First up: Delaware.
          Some one has to be last, but that does not mean they will go 0-11 for the season. I sure they will be ready for SDSU on Nov 20th.

Comment

I seem to remember SDSU being picked for 4th/5th (usually in a battle with SUU for the cellar) in the Pre-season, only to finsh 1st/2nd, starting in 2006. I know that Jacks played Bison in Fargo for the title (lost that one -last Bison win!) and in 2007, won the title, despite being picked 4th.

That is such a small league that one "upset" can lead to tri-champions.

Comment

UND and USD will not finish at the bottom of the conference. I don't think either one of them will win it outright but they could easily be co-champions. I'm hearing 2 big concerns from USD followers, QB and defense as a whole. Defense has always been a question, Sheperd is now gone and QB is a big ?.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X