Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosevelt High School Basketball Players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roosevelt High School Basketball Players...

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    He did delete the last thread on this subject. There is a reason names of minors are left out of the press. The same should hold true for message boards.
    After re-reading Stu story in today Argus, though short and to the point, he does give the reader an opportunity to connect the dots.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      He did delete the last thread on this subject. There is a reason names of minors are left out of the press. The same should hold true for message boards.
      While I agree, the Iowa City Press article does mention them by name. Of course that article doesn't mention why they were disciplined so I think it should be left at that.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
        Two athletes were taken out of school Cody Larson (Iowa Recruit) and Grant Wynia both basketball players currently suspended from school for 5 days.

From KSFY:

Sioux Falls Police are looking into a case of prescription drug being sold to students as a Sioux Falls School.

Police say a student from Roosevelt High School went to the administration yesterday and said someone had been trying to sell prescription medication to other students. Police tell us the juvenile in question for selling the drugs was notified of charges, but not taken into custody. When police talked to the juvenile they say the did not find any drugs.
        We've now learned that prescription medication was hydrocodone. Action News received pictures of the drug from the National Drug Enforcement Administration's website. They say hydrocodone is used for it's opioid effects, similar to the effect you would get from morphine. They also say it's usually abused orally in combination with alcohol.
        Police say this investigation is still on-going. Stick with Action News for any updates.
        Backing off your "facts" already by editing it?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
          Backing off your "facts" already by editing it?
          I get that this worked you up, but isn't him editing it kind of what you wanted?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I blame Bob Wilber for all of this mess. If he hadn't been such an inept coach last year none of this would have happened.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              I blame Bob Wilber for all of this mess. If he hadn't been such an inept coach last year none of this would have happened.
              It's always nice to put the blame on the inept brother LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                It's always nice to put the blame on the inept brother LOL
                I believe it's uncle.........

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  After reading some comments attached to Stu''s blog, I get the drift. In other words, leaving Roosvelt was not Coach Wilber's choice. Not the first time something like this has happened and certaintly not the last. Its amazing how ethics and taking the moral high ground can sometimes end employment. Maybe Coach Wilber deserves something much better than Roosvelt High School.

Comment

No, Bob left on his own. There were several that tried to get Bob out earlier in his tenure. I am sure that Bob misses basketball, but I hope he is enjoying this winter more than any winter in the past few years! He is a really good guy! And, remember, you can't pick your nephews!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                      No, Bob left on his own. There were several that tried to get Bob out earlier in his tenure. I am sure that Bob misses basketball, but I hope he is enjoying this winter more than any winter in the past few years! He is a really good guy! And, remember, you can't pick your nephews!
                      Thanks I sure he is enjoying his winters, why would anyone want to be a coach? I often wonder and ponder.

At any rate, seems like we are waiting for the other shoe to drop at Roosvelt. Me thinks this story has a makings of a Jimmy Piersall story. Somehow I am glad God gave me the talent to not make it past B squad football years ago.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Whether the drug peddlers were athletes or whether the suspension is just a coincidence, I hope that the book gets thrown at the dealers. Selling controlled substances inside a school is not a case for going easy on someone.

I have had friends that have delt with drug issues and have seen what it does to them. I have no sympathy for people who get arrested selling illegal drugs.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Has anyone heard anymore? I have heard alot more since yesterday but will hold off. Not asking anyone to post any rumors, just if they have heard anything new. The one thing I think is fair to post is that, apparently, a student wasn't the main pusher here.

Comment

Anyone know the Iowa Hawkeye fan site? I'd like to see if they're talking about this...
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Anyone know the Iowa Hawkeye fan site? I'd like to see if they're talking about this...
                              http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1377 this site has it, you have to register to read the discussion but there is a thread called "Cody Larson Story in Argus Leader"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X