Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV's SDSU/NDSU fan take

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I grew up around Brookings. After tech school in Watertown, I moved to the Twin Cities area.

In 2 years, I found myself back in Brookings.

The grass, in my eyes, was more green? greener? in Brookings.

Oh, and taxes were less. Way less.
    And you don't have to deal with all the DAMN people.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Over 5,000 lakes within 50 miles?

Gee. That doesn't leave much for the rest of Minnesota, does it?

We used to say, Minnesota, Land of 11 Lakes and 9,989 mud puddles.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        We used to say, Minnesota, Land of 11 Lakes and 9,989 mud puddles.
        They count a ten acre puddle as a 'lake' in arriving at a total of 11,000+ lakes.

Ten acres?

TEN ACRES?

Shoot, man, that's like two or three city blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
          The biggest diff is the 30,000 or so college students in fargo area that make it so different, its not even comparable. then you take into account half of those students are twin cities kids and you really change the dynamic up there. not to mention 5000+ lakes within 50 miles which is probably more than the whole state of south dakota. If you drive I94 to Minneapolis on any given day, its dominated with north dakota license plates.
          I've heard the number 30,000 used before. Its seems a little stretched (but, hey, I'm from Watertown and we've been fibbing about our population for decades -- all with good results because we keep growing). The 5,000 lakes is also a little stretched but no question about it: Fargo is within easy reach of some beautiful lakes. But on the final point about the I-94 traffic, I have a question: why is it so many North Dakotans on any given day, have left?

I like Fargo and Sioux Falls and live in between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I've heard the number 30,000 used before.
            I think he is counting Moorehead and Concordia. That is an assumption on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I think he is counting Moorehead and Concordia. That is an assumption on my part.
              His number of college students might be right on if you include all the universities and community college's in Fargo-Moorhead.

His lake total though...stretches reality quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                No, I meant precisely the opposite. That the grass is as green as you make it but that the grass is greener SYNDROME is more enhanced in SoDak than in almost any place I've been.
                And that it need not be.
                But yeah, on a biological front, now that you mention it my grass is green here in NoVa. It's one of the many things to like about the climate. However, same scorches like a billion pieces of kindling on any 90-90 day in August on the Potomac, which are worse than any 25 below day, trust me.
                I knew what you meant on the Syndrome.

I've been there on the 4th of July with the 95 degree heat and 98 per cent humidity. Love visiting the City but always nice to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I've heard the number 30,000 used before. Its seems a little stretched (but, hey, I'm from Watertown and we've been fibbing about our population for decades -- all with good results because we keep growing). The 5,000 lakes is also a little stretched but no question about it: Fargo is within easy reach of some beautiful lakes. But on the final point about the I-94 traffic, I have a question: why is it so many North Dakotans on any given day, have left?

I like Fargo and Sioux Falls and live in between the two.
                  I will spare the details and reasons, but I have made a number of trips from FM to Fergus Falls which is about a 45 mile stretch and I would say that the level of traffic both ways on I-94 is probably greater than that of at any time on the stretch between Brookings and SF on I-29, and the reasons are the Twin Ciites traffic coming and going, lake residents coming and going and its a feeder for the Minnesota towns who are headed to FM for shopping. So the traffic factors are probably on the side of Fargo, and being the bumpkin that I am at heart, I am not offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I will spare the details and reasons, but I have made a number of trips from FM to Fergus Falls which is about a 45 mile stretch and I would say that the level of traffic both ways on I-94 is probably greater than that of at any time on the stretch between Brookings and SF on I-29, and the reasons are the Twin Ciites traffic coming and going, lake residents coming and going and its a feeder for the Minnesota towns who are headed to FM for shopping. So the traffic factors are probably on the side of Fargo, and being the bumpkin that I am at heart, I am not offended.
                    And every truck coming from Canada heading to Minny, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.. come thru how else can we explain 3 huge full service truck stops that are always full. Anyone want an investment throw a truck stop on I-94 and 336 in Moorhead!!!!
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                    X