2009 State Amateur Baseball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 State Amateur Baseball Tourney

canova escapes with a 12-10 win this afternoon over wessington/miller. canova was down 7-4 after 6, 7-5 after 7 and scored 4 in the 8th, 3 in the 9th. wess/miller scored 2 in bottom of 9th and had a couple runners on.

Comment

Dells PBR trailed 12-0 and came back to win 14-13 over Redfield. Amazing!

Comment

Brookings beat Brandon Valley 4-1 to advance to Sunday's final. Should be a good match up against the Renner Monarchs. I am hoping the Cub's show up to play.

On a side note, Canova fans are annoying as hell. I would put them in the same class as Bison fans. Obnoxious when things were going their way and whining when they weren't. Any respect I had for "The Gang" was lost today. When you are fist pumping your way across home plate in the first inning you are an idiot. I wonder if that was the first time he had scored all year. Act like you have been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
          Dells PBR trailed 12-0 and came back to win 14-13 over Redfield. Amazing!
          I think I damn near lost my voice in that game... I hope I'll be ready to go tomorrow afternoon.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Brookings beat Brandon Valley 4-1 to advance to Sunday's final. Should be a good match up against the Renner Monarchs. I am hoping the Cub's show up to play.

On a side note, Canova fans are annoying as hell. I would put them in the same class as Bison fans. Obnoxious when things were going their way and whining when they weren't. Any respect I had for "The Gang" was lost today. When you are fist pumping your way across home plate in the first inning you are an idiot. I wonder if that was the first time he had scored all year. Act like you have been there before.
            Cubbys will show up to play. I just hope they have some pitching left? It would be nice to have Isaac Johnson available but I am hearing he is out of town. Bowman went Friday, Miles and Dierks on Saturday. I may add that they all three were steller. That leaves Sauter, Butterbaugh and ? While Renner is fresh with a couple of starters available. Isaac where are you? I would not be surprised to see Bowman throw in the championship game - they called him the bull dog in college for a good reason.

Go Cubbys

GBGBGJ

Comment

Renner Monarchs beat Cubby's 4-2 in the A championship and Canova beat Dells PBR 11-7 in the B.

Weird end to the B game. The umpires ruled Canova's left fielder dropped a fly ball that would have been the third out. Gang players ran out of the dugout and celebrated around the mound while Dells' batter just kept running. He got an inside-the-park homer out of the deal. Gang won when the next batter struck out.

Comment

Working...
              X