Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCC is gone

Comport:
    intransitive verb: to be fitting : accord <actions that comport with policy>

transitive verb: behave ; especially : to behave in a manner conformable to what is right, proper, or expected <comported himself well in the crisis>
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      where the students learn how to use InDesign
      And if I learn how to use AutoCAD, I'm an architect? There's more to design than inDesign.

Comment

How about some pie.

If this doesn't work can the mods either lock this up or help them out by starting a newspaper production thread?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Did someone say pie? I like pie.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thread drift on steroids.

Comment

Pie here. Since I have problems inserting a Christmas scene into a canned letter to friends and relatives, I dont think I want to talk journalism graphics and design. Good luck Zoorapa, you might have met your match here. BTW, the Argus photo seemed to have been chosen for a SDSU reaction. Looks like they succeeded again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Pie here. Since I have problems inserting a Christmas scene into a canned letter to friends and relatives, I dont think I want to talk journalism graphics and design. Good luck Zoorapa, you might have met your match here. BTW, the Argus photo seemed to have been chosen for a SDSU reaction. Looks like they succeeded again.
                Agreed! We fall for it EVERY time!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Cool!!!!! I will try to remember I am a "guest" and comport with you all.

Happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Are you joking? Getting hit with a frozen Coyote is minor to what happens to you when you go to Vermillion? Site me an example, and I am sure there are many. But were you totally blind when USD hit the field or hardwood at SDSU. Do you perhaps remember the USD cheerleader hit over the head with a dead coyote and have to go by ambulance to the hospital? Don't give me that pious crap about USD is so bad, and everything done in Brookings is done after only close consultation with the ministers of the area.

I don't think that kind of behavior is good or acceptable anywhere. But please refrain yourself from making it sound like it is a one way street. The biggest step a drunk makes into curing himself is admitting they are a drunk. I admit the behavior at USD at times has been over the edge, but if you can't admit the same in Brookings, you are either blind , deaf, or ignorant of the situation.
                    To set the record straight it was an SDSU cheerleader hit with the frozen coyote. Margie Fiedler, I was there that night. She had a severe concussion and was out for quite awhile. It was at a basketball game against the U at Frost.

Comment

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...sary-at-misso/

"Since their creation in 1976, the Antlers, a rowdy, organized fan group, have been scrutinized for their antics. In 1985, the group mocked then-Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs. Tubbs had been struck by a hit-and-run driver. The group made a cardboard car which it paraded around Hearnes Center and pretended to hit a fellow member dressed as a jogger.

Seven years later, the Antlers waved a hog’s head on a pole in front of then-Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson and his team. Over time, reports of the story have varied from the Antlers spilling pig’s blood on Richardson’s suit to brandishing several hogs’ heads."

“Whenever something happens that crosses the line, we do our best to deal with that,” he said.

(Norm) Stewart, the MU basketball coach from 1967 to 1999, said he liked the Antlers because they made basketball games more fun. He keeps in touch with Miller and Geary....

“All of those guys showed a lot of imagination, a lot of creativity and they were also controllable,” he said. “Sometimes they lost it, but they would still come back to center.”

Geary described the Antlers’ harassing as a mingling of art and science.

“It’s a combination of journalistic research techniques combined with psychology and theater when it’s done well,” he said."

I used to enjoy hurling invectives at Norm Stewart's SCI/UNI teams when I was at SDSU and lost interest in Mizzou basketball when he was booted out as coach and replaced with that pretty-boy. He was the real deal-- nasty and passionate whether he was on your side or the opposition.

I'm a dinosaur long removed from Brookings but I'm amazed at how thin skins have gotten there over the last four decades. IMHO the level of goofiness at MU-KU games has far exceeded even the wildest of times at Brookings and Vermillion-- and they were wild and over the line in the sixties even though both programs lacked. Although this article ran in the Columbia paper, which could have lessened reaction-- there wasn't a single negative comment from JayHawk or RazorBack fans about things being over the line. Look at what goes on in the ACC.

Comment

I was there also SJ...and Margie has had a problem with it throughout her life since. But don't expect the intruders from the south to get their facts right...that would be a reach. I'm with Jacks3036...going to quit posting on any thread started by CF or YF...and quit spending time on the smack board when it comes from USD. If we all just dealt with smack with fans from other schools we PLAY, that would be enough for me.

P.S. To CF...you and that other pinhead partner...complain about the coverage the Argus gives SDSU...the coverage is explained by the events...SDSU took the leap, USD took the coward's way out and waited to see how it turned out. The Argus recognized that a move to D-I by a South Dakota university was a story of statewide interest...and played it accordingly. You have nobody to blame but yourselves. Why weren't you there urging your university to make the move five years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          I'm a dinosaur long removed from Brookings but I'm amazed at how thin skins have gotten there over the last four decades. IMHO the level of goofiness at MU-KU games has far exceeded even the wildest of times at Brookings and Vermillion-- and they were wild and over the line in the sixties even though both programs lacked. Although this article ran in the Columbia paper, which could have lessened reaction-- there wasn't a single negative comment from JayHawk or RazorBack fans about things being over the line. Look at what goes on in the ACC.
                          That's because KU fans would never be caught reading the Columbia newspaper!

Also, if you want to read some nasty comments about KU-MU check out every single article ever written that is on the Kansas City Star website. It gets pretty out of hand on there. And I wouldn't call it goofiness so much as pure hatred. As a transplant to Lawrence I will never fully appreciate the absolute hatred that the State of Kansas holds for the State of Missouri and vice versa. Its much deeper than a big rivalry. Its the Civil War history (many argue the Civil War started between KS and MO in the mid 1850s), Bleeding Kansas, John Brown and the Pottawatamie massacre, Free State vs. Slave State, Quantrill's Raiders burning Lawrence to the ground, etc. That history is what the KU-MU rivalry is built on. And trust me, even though its 150 years later, people haven't forgotten, check this T shirt.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/us/US/-/D.../2489972/buy/1
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            I wouldn't call it goofiness so much as pure hatred...

Yeah, no kidding. Fast forward to 7:30 in this documentary for a good example of what it's been like. [linky]

*lived in kansas 2 1/2 years, myself...

Comment

Used to travel with a Mizzou grad who wanted to burn Lawrence down every time he passed it on the Interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                                Used to travel with a Mizzou grad who wanted to burn Lawrence down every time he passed it on the Interstate.
                                I feel the same way about BYU!

Comment

Working...
                                X