SD high school football playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SD high school football playoffs

The Estelline-Arlington game the past few years have been great ones. I'm thinking it will come down to the last possession. That is what has happened the past two years in each game they have played. Estelline has some great young talent and so does Arlington. The thing that gives Arlington the edge is their overall team speed. In 9-man speed kills. But don't be suprised if Jeremy Gorder from Estelline has a huge game as well.

Comment

I know I'm pulling for C-E to pull a big upset.

If I'm not mistaken they are coached by former Jackrabbit Jeff Hegge with some help from Dusty LeBrun.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
        I know I'm pulling for C-E to pull a big upset.

If I'm not mistaken they are coached by former Jackrabbit Jeff Hegge with some help from Dusty LeBrun.
        Correct. Jeff is coaching them.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Any word on him and recruiting? I think I have heard his name for the last 3 years it seems. Another thing you can do in 9 man football - play varsity as a freshman and its not an anomaly.

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Comment

Menno and Hanson play Monday night in Alexandria and both are 9-0. Menno QB Tate Bruckner 6-1 205 lbs has 2800 yards and 38 TD's this year! Hanson ran for 450 yards in the first Half last game. Contrast of attacks!

Menno has played nobody as an independent and Hanson has played everybody coming out of the Cornbelt Conference!

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=3373
              Arlington finds their true identity.
              The Cardinals have meshed into a powerhouse.

Arlington used a speedladen offensive and defensive effort to beat the higher-seeded Estelline Redmen, 38-15 , Monday night in the quarterfinal round of the Class 9A playoffs.

The Cardinals rolled up 382 rushing yards as Christian DeCurtins carried the ball 26 times for 248 yards and five touchdowns.

"DeCurtins is pretty fast, and Cam Huntimer is fast; we've got a lot of fast guys," Arlington head coach Steve Gilbertson said about his team's speed. "Speed is our strength, but what really came today was our line play. I don't care how fast you are. If you don't have a line, you're nothing and I'm very proud of our offensive line.

"They've been getting better and better, and that's where we won the game today."

After Estelline fumbled on its first drive of the game, the Cardinals quickly took control , needing only seven plays to get on the board as DeCurtins scored on a 23-yard run with 6:31 left in the first quarter.

The Redmen had to punt on their next series, and DeCurtins ripped off a 50-yarder on his next carry to get the ball down to the Estelline 19-yard line. Four plays later, he went in from the two to give the Cards a two-touchdown lead with 2:29 on the clock.

Estelline looked to stage a comeback when Josh Licht blocked an Arlington punt, recovered it and rumbled 30 yards for a touchdown to cut the lead to 16-7 after a David Elliot PAT kick.

But the Cardinals responded by marching the ball 65 yards in nine plays, with DeCurtins going in from the six to make it 24-7 after Arlington's third successful 2-point conversion.

Arlington scored once more before the end of the half after Estelline failed a fake punt and the Cardinals took advantage of the short field, going 43 yards in six plays, capped off by DeCurtins' fourth score of the night, and taking a 30-7 halftime lead.

By halftime, the Cardinals had amassed 260 total yards to 52 for Estelline as the Arlington defense stifled the Redmen's ground game.

The Cardinals put the game away with their first drive of the second half. After grinding it out to the Estelline 39-yard line, DeCurtins popped through the middle of the line, made a move on the safety and outran everyone to the end zone for his fifth score of the night.

Comment

Very nice story in the Argus Leader about the Dell Rapids Public football team and how it's rallying around one of its injured players...

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Hanson won the first championship today in 9B. Avon is leading in the second quarter over Gettysbury in the 9A game. Earv Archambeau is very good.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Very good

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I suppose I could go to the Argus, but I was wondering who won the Class 11A. Was it Harrisburg? I know SF Lincoln won the 11AA.

I should congradulate the Arlington Cardinals. I had a relative on the team. I honestly thought they would not get past Estilline, but they did and yes they met their match in Gettysburg. I hope our staff is looking west about 22 miles, as I think there are a couple possible walk ons in Arlington. IMO. Not my relative though. DeCurtins has speed. Thanks bluehat for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I suppose I could go to the Argus, but I was wondering who won the Class 11A. Was it Harrisburg? I know SF Lincoln won the 11AA.

I should congradulate the Arlington Cardinals. I had a relative on the team. I honestly thought they would not get past Estilline, but they did and yes they met their match in Gettysburg. I hope our staff is looking west about 22 miles, as I think there are a couple possible walk ons in Arlington. IMO. Not my relative though. DeCurtins has speed. Thanks bluehat for pointing that out.

Dell Rapids won 11A.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                          Dell Rapids won 11A.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X