Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Television

SDSU is different than USD in another way, too. SDSU is putting a quality product on the field every week. That mean 2 teams that are good. They can both play football well.
    USD plays UND at home but the other games should be blowouts. USD can put those on TV because people will see them win and get involved. I don't know how many people would want to spend $10 to watch a game that's over before the 1st quarter. They can go watch USD games when they play tougher teams in the future. Getting fans involved can't hurt when they might not go there otherwise. Plus, with the numbers of fans that show up already, having it on TV shouldn't hurt much(that's weather you go by attendance numbers or not).
    I don't mind the idea of replaying the games during the next week. That way if you want to see it you have to buy a ticket, computer package or something else. That way SDSU makes money off it. If you don't want to spend money, you can see it for free later. That's the decision you have to make.
    I was disappointed that the SDSU/NDSU game wasn't on TV. That game was going to sell out. I think everybody knew that. Why not put it on TV when you've already got the stands full? That game was good and it would have brought in a few extra fans for other games. Away games and sellouts should be on TV. That means the only home game that should be LIVE on TV is the NDSU game. The rest should be on tape delay.

Comment

Re: Television

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      SDSU is different than USD in another way, too. SDSU is putting a quality product on the field every week. That mean 2 teams that are good. They can both play football well.
      USD plays UND at home but the other games should be blowouts. USD can put those on TV because people will see them win and get involved. I don't know how many people would want to spend $10 to watch a game that's over before the 1st quarter. They can go watch USD games when they play tougher teams in the future. Getting fans involved can't hurt when they might not go there otherwise. Plus, with the numbers of fans that show up already, having it on TV shouldn't hurt much(that's weather you go by attendance numbers or not).
      I don't mind the idea of replaying the games during the next week. That way if you want to see it you have to buy a ticket, computer package or something else. That way SDSU makes money off it. If you don't want to spend money, you can see it for free later. That's the decision you have to make.
      I was disappointed that the SDSU/NDSU game wasn't on TV. That game was going to sell out. I think everybody knew that. Why not put it on TV when you've already got the stands full? That game was good and it would have brought in a few extra fans for other games. Away games and sellouts should be on TV. That means the only home game that should be LIVE on TV is the NDSU game. The rest should be on tape delay.
      Well put - rep worthy
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
      X