Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota State Amateur Baseball Tourney

Originally posted by johnnyjackrabbit View Post
    Word was that PBR was down this year, but NEVER count them out at tourney time..

PBR rarely gets their full team to a game until tourney time, from what I hear. When the tourney rolls around, the players start to take it seriously and turn it up a notch. I am personally biased, but I think it's the Mudcats year this season.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      PBR rarely gets their full team to a game until tourney time, from what I hear. When the tourney rolls around, the players start to take it seriously and turn it up a notch. I am personally biased, but I think it's the Mudcats year this season.
      I'll be cheering for any team that doesn't have Dell or Rapids in their name or NE or IA has their home state. Of course, I'm personally biased. I understand that the Mudcats have risen up from the shadow of PBR but I'd like to see the title go to a South Dakota team not from Dells. Again, just me.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After looking at the brackets, and watching games all weekend, I'm guessing the Mudcats and Redfield will play for the title Sunday. I hate saying that because I'd rather see anyone else get there (except Wynot, Neb.). But maybe they'll trip up. Dells plays Freeman tonight and DQ has Canova Wednesday.

Comment

After looking at the brackets, and watching games all weekend, I'm guessing the Mudcats and Redfield will play for the title Sunday. I hate saying that because I'd rather see anyone else get there (except Wynot, Neb.). But maybe they'll trip up. Dells plays Freeman tonight and DQ has Canova Wednesday.
          DQ has Tabor tonight and Canova plays Dimock tomorrow night with the winners headed to the quarterfinals. Larchwood and PBR meet in an already determined quaterfinal game Thursday. Here is the bracket.

http://www.sdaba.com/
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            DQ has Tabor tonight and Canova plays Dimock tomorrow night with the winners headed to the quarterfinals. Larchwood and PBR meet in an already determined quaterfinal game Thursday. Here is the bracket.

http://www.sdaba.com/
            My bad. Damned crossed eyes. I'll still go with Mudcats and Redfield and just hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I figured it was the field just to the south of Cadwell. I'll be watching the webcast tonight.
              How is the webcast, anyway? I haven't tried it yet, but will probably do so tonight.

Comment

How is the webcast, anyway? I haven't tried it yet, but will probably do so tonight.
                Its DakStats so its pretty decent. Gives you a pitch by pitch update. No audio or video just graphics and stats. I don't watch it pitch by pitch just check in periodically. Its a nice addition to a radio broadcast. I suspect the DQ vs Tabor game or the Freeman vs Dells game will be on local radio.

Comment

Clearfield beat Mt Vernon. I can't find a score for the Tabor Redfield game and the webcast isn't working.

Comment

Redfield just beat Tabor 10-9. They scored 5 (I think) runs in the bottom of the ninth. A three-run homer off Joe Vavruska won it. I caught the last two batters on the radio.
                    Last edited by johnnyjackrabbit; 08-13-2008, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Mudcats whipped Freeman and will play Clearfield. Larchwood vs PBR in other quaterfinal in that bracket.

Redfield DQ gets a 3 run walk-off homerun from a pinch hitter to advance past Tabor and will play Wynot who beat Geddes. Akron vs Menno and Canova vs Dimock tonight.

The Dell's teams are headed towards a semi-final showdown but Larchwood is a solid team. Redfield and Wynot should be a good game. Hopefully Menno can knock of Akron.

Comment

Just back from Mitchell. 2 excellent games. Akron slugged their way past Menno 10-6. Dimock beat Canova 3-2 behind Chris Baker who threw a 5 hitter with 20 K's, very impressive. Akron will play Dimock for a spot in the semis. Great night for baseball.

Comment

Looks like Larchwood beat PBR 7-3 and the Dells Mudcats won 25-0 over Clearfield! I don't know if that accurate but what a beat down if so.

That leaves the Mudcats against Larchwood in the semis with Dimock playing Akron and Redfield playing Wynot in the quarters tomorrow night. I guess I'm pulling for the Mudcats, Dimock, and Redfield. Mudcats look like the hands down favorites.

Comment

That Mudcat score is correct, and it only went 4 innings. Clearfield had 9 errors.

Comment

I don't think Dells or Dimock will have much problem advancing. The best game should be Redfield vs. Wynot.

Comment

I don't think Dells or Dimock will have much problem advancing. The best game should be Redfield vs. Wynot.
                                I watched the Akron vs Menno game on Wednesday and Akron has some good young players. I don't know who they'll have on the mound and I expect Dimock will throw one of their good young arms. I think Dimock will advance but Akron will give them a game.

The Mudcats look unbeatable at this time. Larchwood has some experience but I just don't think they can stop the Mudcats.

I hope Redfield can get past Wynot, it will probably come down to who has an ace left in the hole and the team who makes fewer mistakes/plays solid defense. If it wasn't for work and riverboat days I'd definitely head to Mitchell for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X