No announcement yet.

Cubbies has Re-Opened and Smoke-Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cubbies has Re-Opened and Smoke-Free!

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    I think I'll try to stay away from the mediocre food and service of Cubby's and stick with BraVo's the orginal smoke free restaurant in Brookings.
    I can't comment on Bravo's since I've never been there. But I've eaten at Cubbies plenty of times on gameday and other times and have never had a bad experience there.

Comment

I frequent both places and have had good luck overall. Even if you go to your favorite steak house in the world, one out of every ten steaks isn't going to be what you expect.

Cubby's is just a great atmosphere for watching the games and hanging out at night. Gus has done a great job with it and the new kitchen and renovations will only make things better. Their old kitchen was a mess and it amazes me what they were able to do out of there. Also, Gus just remodeled George's Pizza a few weeks ago. It looks awesome!

BraVo's is a nice place. They have gone through some growing pains like any new place but the food is really good. Brookings needs a place like this. They've got a lot of unique items on the menu and a great list of steaks. BraVo's has been open about 8 months now. Check out their cool outdoor patio. Great spot for cocktails. Give them a try. Give them another try if the first experience wasn't the best.

With the price of gas it is sure nice to have a couple of great spots like this right here in Brookings!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Great post SUPERBUNNY, that really puts things into perspective. I've never had a bad experience at either place, other than a killer hangover the weekend of the Stan, and my batchelor party, and my buddies batchelor party and the NDSU game and Hobo Day X 10, etc. etc. etc., but that definitely wasn't the establishments fault!

Anyway, I think with the new Liqour License law going into effect...FINALLY, Brookings is going to see a lot of new "establishments" cropping up...some will be good most of the time, some won't, but they all should be supported, IMO. Failing businesses are not good for any town.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but for my first trip to Brookings in 7 years, I was blown away by Cubbies. This is a CLASS SPORTS bar. I haven't encountered an sports bar in DC, FLA, or Atlanta GA that were better.

Skinners is nice, but smoky.

Lantern, Jim's Tap, Ram's Pub haven't changes since I went to SDSU.

KUDOS TO CUBBIES!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            I know this is an old thread, but for my first trip to Brookings in 7 years, I was blown away by Cubbies. This is a CLASS SPORTS bar. I haven't encountered an sports bar in DC, FLA, or Atlanta GA that were better.

Skinners is nice, but smoky.

Lantern, Jim's Tap, Ram's Pub haven't changes since I went to SDSU.

KUDOS TO CUBBIES!
            Skinners is WAY TOO SMOKEY for those of us who like to breath air containing at least 20% oxygen. Cubby's is great. My one complaint, they served me a Smithwicks in a plastic glass! Bud light, Miller lite and those other flavored waters can be dumped into plastic glasses but a fine product like Smithwicks should never be served in plastic, NEVER!
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Are we allowed to smoke in outdoor patio? Do they have one anymore?

Too many questions...you can find me at Skinners. BEST BEER IN TOWN.
              I'm sure you've been there and know the answers to these questions but they have a patio and you CAN'T smoke out there. I was with a guy that wanted to smoke figuring that it's outside but they said you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                I'm sure you've been there and know the answers to these questions but they have a patio and you CAN'T smoke out there. I was with a guy that wanted to smoke figuring that it's outside but they said you can't.
                I believe the answer for this one is they are considering the 'beer garden' area as part of the bar. I thought they were going to allow smoking out there but a friend found out differently. I'm glad. I used to really like Skinner's but the amount of smoke picked up since they added hard alcohol. I like their beer garden but you usually can't get tables back there on nice nights.

JackMD, what time of night did you go to Cubby's? I believe they stop serving in glass containers after a certain time of night (maybe when the kitchen closes and they turn into more of a bar). Don't know if that was the instance but a possibility.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                X