Boys State BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boys State BB

Why didn't State recruit Vlastuin???? He could have been a major contributor to next years team

Comment

Originally posted by nash13 View Post
      Why didn't State recruit Vlastuin???? He could have been a major contributor to next years team
      I really don't know..... I know his brother pretty well and he said that he worked out for SDSU but they never offered. if they would of he would of went there because his gf and many of his friends are or are planning on attending SDSU..... If I had to guess it would be the type of player he is isn't really what SDSU needs, we have athletic players that struggle at shooting already but that is a guess.

Comment

I've only seen Vlastuin play a few times, but I'm not sure he is the type of player we need right now. He didn't appear to be an overly good ball handler or look to have much of a jump shot. He is incredibly athletic and scores alot of his points from the foul line and off the boards. Whether he can carry that through to DI where more players will be his size will be interesting to see.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him at SDSU, but it doesn't bother me that we didn't offer him either.

Comment

Vlastuin is going to a school (Drake) that is currently a number 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament and I believe has a record of 29-4. He must have some skills to have been recruited by them. Maybe he's not going to SDSU because he received offers from schools that are currently on a higher level than SDSU (for example Colton Iverson going to Minnesota)

Comment

I know him pretty well as i played with him in high school and he never once got a call from SDSU and didn't work out for them. Maybe SDSU didn't see him as a player that would fit there system but his jump shot has gotten alot better since he was a sophomore and drake is a team that runs and guns. I could see him fitting into sdsu just fine and giving them a player to build around. He also wanted to go there pretty badly because of his friends and stuff and wanted to stay close.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
              Vlastuin is going to a school (Drake) that is currently a number 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament and I believe has a record of 29-4. He must have some skills to have been recruited by them. Maybe he's not going to SDSU because he received offers from schools that are currently on a higher level than SDSU (for example Colton Iverson going to Minnesota)
              When Drake recruited him they were about equal to SDSU. They were picked to finish next to last in their league this year, and had a walk-on win Player of the Year. The fact that Drake offered was a big surprise to many experts. At that time he was seen as project - a 6'5" power forward with a minimal outside game. He has improved, and I wish him well. However, remember when we were told that Cordova was going to become a 3 in college? He hasn't, and frankly we don't need anymore undersized inside players who may or may not develop into something they are not now.

Having said all of that, I am still rooting for him down at Drake. That is also where Amber Wollshlager (sp) of Milbank is going.

Comment

Yeah thats cool he is going there because it had such a good season this year. I will say sdsu has a heck of player comin next year in Tony Fiegen. I think that he could be some very special. Chad White i'm not convinced yet but i think the talent is there.

Comment

Yeah thats cool he is going there because it had such a good season this year. I will say sdsu has a heck of player comin next year in Tony Fiegen. I think that he could be some very special. Chad White i'm not convinced yet but i think the talent is there.
                  Fiegen and White won't be here for two years. They are currently juniors and have one more shot at winning a state title in Madison. Sounds like them a Platte-Geddes are both going to be good again next year.

Comment

Its odd because the exact opposite is what I said last year.... I said Chad White is for real but I wasn't sold on Fiegen..... The fact is Chad White was out almost all of the summer and the first part of the season, he had major knee surgery and still isn't quite there but he has a very quick shot, and has the athletic abilities of a D-I player....

Comment

Working...
                    X