X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boys State BB

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
    Agreed.

White is projected as a 2-3. Fiegen could possible play a 4 at times, depending on if he grows a little more. Plenty of time to figure this out of course.

I also felt that Madison should have been switching every single screen when P-G was running their offense. It's a flex offense. Deny swings as well and it would have been tough to score. Props to the Cutler kid though (#10 right?) He's a competitor.

I have zero ties to Madison. I just felt they could have done a better job with this.
    Thanks. I had no idea what the plans were for the Madison guys, but I too agree, we would have problems making them into inside players.

Comment

Not Class A or SDSU related, but ... observations from the State B:

1) Wish Louie would be suiting up in yellow and blue. He was fun to watch.

2) Great crowds! Wow ... 8,000 a night. Amazing. Fun. There has been some griping about folks with tickets not being able to get in. That's the nature of general admission tickets in a tournament setting ... especially when tournament passes or sold. You can't account for those being used from session to session. After Thursday, fans knew what to expect crowd-wise and that getting there early was the smart way to go.

3) The goood news: There was a lot more SDSU gear being worn by fans than any other college. That includes Northern (although big NSU fans were probably in Winona watching the Wolves). It was good to see. There were a few sweatshirts with the new rabbit logo, too.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Not Class A or SDSU related, but ... observations from the State B:

1) Wish Louie would be suiting up in yellow and blue. He was fun to watch.

2) Great crowds! Wow ... 8,000 a night. Amazing. Fun. There has been some griping about folks with tickets not being able to get in. That's the nature of general admission tickets in a tournament setting ... especially when tournament passes or sold. You can't account for those being used from session to session. After Thursday, fans knew what to expect crowd-wise and that getting there early was the smart way to go.

3) The goood news: There was a lot more SDSU gear being worn by fans than any other college. That includes Northern (although big NSU fans were probably in Winona watching the Wolves). It was good to see. There were a few sweatshirts with the new rabbit logo, too.
        The Class B has always been the best draw of the tournies even when there was just two classes. The Huron Arena was always packed with the Class B tourney. I guess its the Hoosier spirit in small town SD that makes it happen. School consolidation has apparently had no affect on the B tourney attendence.

I no expert on evaluating skills, but what others have said, White River built their offense around Louie and it worked at the Class B high school level. I don't think Dave Boots can do that and have any success during the transition period of D1. It will be interesting see how USD uses Louie. I am sure he will contribute in some manner.

Comment

Watched Louie the other night and I still think he could have had an impact on the Jacks. This has bee hashed over and over, but don't know why they cut him lose. I don't know the talent like the coaches do, but he looks like he could have played for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            Watched Louie the other night and I still think he could have had an impact on the Jacks. This has bee hashed over and over, but don't know why they cut him lose. I don't know the talent like the coaches do, but he looks like he could have played for us.
            DI guards are alot better defensively and alot quicker than SD Class B guards. I'm not saying he can't be a quality DI player, but a 6'1" guard who isn't overly athletic is going to have trouble creating his own shot in DI. I think he could be a nice guy off the bench who could knock down some three's, I'm just not convinced yet he will be a full-time impact player for the Coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              DI guards are alot better defensively and alot quicker than SD Class B guards. I'm not saying he can't be a quality DI player, but a 6'1" guard who isn't overly athletic is going to have trouble creating his own shot in DI. I think he could be a nice guy off the bench who could knock down some three's, I'm just not convinced yet he will be a full-time impact player for the Coyotes.
              Agreed. What he has done at the B level in high school is amazing and impressive. I'm curious to see how it translates to the DI level. He is a hard worker and has a winner's mentality. I have no doubt he'll continue to be a great shooter the question is where will his shots come from.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                Agreed.

White is projected as a 2-3. Fiegen could possible play a 4 at times, depending on if he grows a little more. Plenty of time to figure this out of course.

I also felt that Madison should have been switching every single screen when P-G was running their offense. It's a flex offense. Deny swings as well and it would have been tough to score. Props to the Cutler kid though (#10 right?) He's a competitor.

I have zero ties to Madison. I just felt they could have done a better job with this.
                #10 for P-G was Jordan Johnson, a 6'1" junior point guard, who was great the whole tourney. #30 was Keith Cutler, a 6'3" junior forward.

Comment

"If you get a chance you have to watch the highlights from the State A's Consolation Championships. A kid from Sioux Valley makes an incredible play to score 4 points in the closing seconds of the third quarter. If it doesn't make ESPN this week, I would be surprised."

You can watch all of the games on the South Dakota Public Broadcasting website. The page for all of the A tourney games is here.

http://sports.sdpb.org/boys/basketball/a/index.htm

The play happens at the end of the third quarter as Ben Miller scored 4 points in the last 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                    "If you get a chance you have to watch the highlights from the State A's Consolation Championships. A kid from Sioux Valley makes an incredible play to score 4 points in the closing seconds of the third quarter. If it doesn't make ESPN this week, I would be surprised."

You can watch all of the games on the South Dakota Public Broadcasting website. The page for all of the A tourney games is here.

The play happens at the end of the third quarter as Ben Miller scored 4 points in the last 5 seconds.
                    Spoke to the parent of one of Sioux Valleys players and he stated that they wore out a tape of the game watching the replay at their hotel Saturday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post

Once the video starts, you can advance the video by moving the blue dot at the bottom of the screen. The shot takes place at 1 hour 12 minutes into the video.

Go State!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                        #10 for P-G was Jordan Johnson, a 6'1" junior point guard, who was great the whole tourney. #30 was Keith Cutler, a 6'3" junior forward.
                        Thanks for that. I thought #10 played well for what I saw. I didn't watch the entire game. The reason I thought it was Cutler was because he was the leading scorer for P-G I though. A misconception on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                          Chew on this...Louie played on the same AAU team as Colton Iverson this past summer. As I'm sure you know, Colton's recruitment blew up this summer. This means that Louie got the oppotunity to play in from a bunch of (I'd guess 50-80) D-I coaches. Despite all of that exposure to D-I coaches, he's headed to USD? I would bet a lot of money he didn't have a single offer from an established D-I school.

Time will tell on what Louie can do for USD, especially considering they are just starting their transition next year. I for one am a-okay with SDSU not offering him a scholarship.

Comment

I'll take that bet. Louie had offers. However, he is going to USD. Good for him, and I wish him well!

Would we really like to hash out all of the kids from South Dakota that aren't coming or haven't come to SDSU, or would we rather focus on the ones that are and hope they can help us? One list is much longer than the other.

Comment

Louie had offers, big programs no but he had D-I offers.... As far as Platte-Geddes, Cutler is there best player, he is a D-II version of Chad White, but isn't quick enough to play D-I, but can shoot lights out and is a very smart player (coaches kid).... Jordan Johnson plays 110% all of the time and Ringling is a tough guy for a post they should be in the running for it again next year. P-G is a very good TEAM.... thats the difference between them and Madison.... Madison isn't that team they need to become, last year thats what killed them and this year they still had that problem though not as bad...

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                                I'll take that bet. Louie had offers. However, he is going to USD. Good for him, and I wish him well!

Would we really like to hash out all of the kids from South Dakota that aren't coming or haven't come to SDSU, or would we rather focus on the ones that are and hope they can help us? One list is much longer than the other.
                                I agree here. I wish him well at USD . . . heck, I wish USD well except when they're playing us (except in the smack threads of course). But it's time for everyone to get over Louiemania, for pete's sake.

(Who's Pete? Dunno. But we should do it for him, anyway.)
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X