State GBB tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: State GBB tourney

SF Washington defeated Pierre in the Class AA championship game. Pretty good game, but the Warriors overall depth was too much for Pierre and our future Jacks, Paluch and Lingle, to handle.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      It does make me wonder how the scheduling of officials works in the Summit though.

Go Jacks!!
      I posted this thread a while back, linking to an article that had some insight into how college basketball officials move up the food chain:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6479
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by MacJack View Post
        If anybody is watching the AA 5th place game Brookings versus Yankton, am I crazy or has the female ref officiated SDSU games?
        Huh...my dad and I were discussing that last night.....he could've swore he's seen her refing SDSU games, but I insisted that if she's a Summit League ref, why would she ref a SD high school game.....guess I was wrong!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          Iowa State bound Alexis Yackley led Sully Buttes to it's second straight Class "B" championship. She was awarded the "Spirit of Sue" award also.
          I thought she was headed to Purdue? Wasn't she at one time and if so, what happened that changed her mind to Iowa State?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I thought she was headed to Purdue? Wasn't she at one time and if so, what happened that changed her mind to Iowa State?
            I think you're referring to Sam Ostarello. Alexis is heading to Iowa State I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
              I think you're referring to Sam Ostarello. Alexis is heading to Iowa State I believe?
              Ahh...that is it. Thanks for clearing that up. Sam Ostarello also plays for Stanley County right?

Comment

Yes Sam does play for Stanley Co. She is a great player and very athletic, I saw her do a finger roll and nearly touched the rim during warm-ups. Most teams had up to four players on her everytime she touched the ball. The seniors on the team obviously did not want to give her the ball at times so I think it was like the seniors vs. Sam and the rest of the players didn't want to take sides or something. Girls - can't figure them out!

Comment

I was just curious about what effect the Girl's BB Tourneys will have on the Summit League tourneys next year when the games will be in Sioux Falls. Will the Girls' BB Tourneys have an adverse effect on attendance to the SL tourney?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    I was just curious about what effect the Girl's BB Tourneys will have on the Summit League tourneys next year when the games will be in Sioux Falls. Will the Girls' BB Tourneys have an adverse effect on attendance to the SL tourney?
                    Where are next year's HS tournaments?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

2009: AA - Brookings A - Rapid City B - Aberdeen March 12 - 14

That is according to the state tournament program from this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                        2009: AA - Brookings A - Rapid City B - Aberdeen March 12 - 14

That is according to the state tournament program from this weekend.
                        Summit League tournament is March 7-10, 2009. No problem!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Summit League tournament is March 7-10, 2009. No problem!
                          Well, hopefully our students consider Sioux Falls as an option for spring break next year since the Summit League Championships are at the same time. SDSU's spring break next year is Mar. 7-15.

Can't blame anyone on that. SDSU's spring break in 2009 was determined well before Sioux Falls was selected as the host of the Summit League Championships.

Comment

Working...
                          X