How 'bout dem Bobcats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How 'bout dem Bobcats!

In Brookings locally it is being aired on 93.7 FM instead of 1430 KBRK.

Comment

Good luck to the Cats tonight...J4L

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        In Brookings locally it is being aired on 93.7 FM instead of 1430 KBRK.
        Thanks for that info. I'm listening to the Jackrabbit football team on WNAX but will leave soon to watch Watertown hosting SF Washington. I'll have a radio and can listen to the Jackrabbit women on 910, Brookings v. Roosevelt on 93.7 and Jackrabbit football on WNAX.

Radio head.

Comment

Any updates on the Bobcat game would be appreciated. We can't get it down here in Yankton.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            Any updates on the Bobcat game would be appreciated. We can't get it down here in Yankton.
            Anyone have updates????

edit: Argus Leader has an update...21-6 RHS at half.

Comment

42-12, Roosevelt in the 3rd quarter . . . sounds like midnite for Cinderella .

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                42-12, Roosevelt in the 3rd quarter . . . sounds like midnite for Cinderella .
                On the bright side, fans don't have to worry about making the trip south next weekend. Stay in Brookings and watch the Jackrabbits play FB and play BB.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SF Washington 27, Watertown 17

Comment

Looks like a SF match at 11AA. I felt pretty certain that the Bobcats could not pull off upset no 3, that probably asking to much. The Cats lost some close games at the beginning of the season so they were probably better than their record indicated.

Roosvelt is as loaded with talent as SF Washington was during the Bob Burns era of the 1950's that played all over the midwest. Often played Boys Town in Omaha that was also a power house, Minneopolis schools, Fargo Shanley and on and on. Often the only two SD schools on their schedule were Rapid City and Aberdeen. The Reason they went this route was the ESD schools wanted SF Washington out of the conference for football, but allowed them to remain a member for other sports. The other ESD coaches did not want to play them any longer. Also to be noted was tha SF had only one public high school. No O Gorman, but had a much weaker SF Catheral high that got clobbered at the beginning of each season. Ken Kessinger has documented the happenings at the ESD meeting in his book Sports Hertitage 1899-1989, that was published in 1990.

I think there is something to be said about open enrollements and kids wanting to be associated with winners. In my opinion, this might be happening with Roosvelt. Kids have cars and can easily travel cross town to Roosvelt even if they live in Renner or Brandon. Roosvelt seems to be competitive just about any sport and you wonder how big of role does open enrollement play?

I going to put my support with Washington and hope they can pull an upset. Not likely though.

Comment

[QUOTE=SUPERBUNNY;67065]
                      Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I am glad Maffett a former Jack QB has stayed on and locals have not been too hard on him, but as far as knocking off Roosvelt, I don't think it will happen. QUOTE]

Ahhhh, that is why they play the game my boy! Everyone thought O'Gorman would be the 'Cats by like 30+. You have to love it when little ol' Brookings knocks off one of the big dogs!

Gary has had a lot of success getting his teams to the dome in recent years and may pull it off again. The 'Cats are a decent team. They kind of remind me of the Jacks because they seem to start seasons a little slow but watch out at the end.

Going to be a fun night on the radio! Bobcats and Jacks, oh my!

GO JACKS! GO BOBCATS!

SUPERBUNNY (a.k.a. SUPERCAT)
                      I think Garry is a very capable football coach, but still if you look closely he has had lean years in terms of talent. Brookings seems to do very well academically year in and year out and being a college town makes that so plus, there has been very little turn over in the academic faculty. Athletically thats not the case in terms of team talent.

When I was there in the late 1950's, we had several faculty members who had taught 20 plus years at BHS, and they were very good teachers, who I often did not take advantage of what they had to offer in terms of learning.

Comment

Nidaros: Kids do not need to open enroll at Roosevelt. You may have heard that the area of Sioux Falls west of 1-29 is the 3rd largest city in South Dakota. There are a couple of exceptions, but more than 97% of the kids at Roosevelt live in that district.

Comment

Working...
                        X