No announcement yet.

2023 South Dakota High School Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected. I agree, there is little difference between 9-man schools. Three 9-man classes is too many.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

So the SDHSAA set a rule back in 2020 or 2021 when they opted to not change the classification system that if the number of 9-Man teams was below 64 for two classification cycles they would cut to two classes of 9-Man. What do you think they discussed in one of the latest meetings? Changing the number to 60 teams and staying at three classes of 9-Man football.

If you want to see how much of a joke this system is, look at 9B. Only 7 of the 16 playoff teams had records of .500 or better going into the playoffs. Both 9AA and 9A also had 5 teams each that made it in below .500. Both 9AA and 9A have 21 teams while 9B has 19. Compare that to 11B with 29 teams and only 1 team getting in at below .500.

9B, 11A, and 11AA are the biggest joke of football classes I have ever seen. I would genuinely take all of the top 11B and 9AA teams over every 11A team not named Dell Rapids, and would take them over half of 11AA. Hopefully one day common sense can prevail at the SDHSAA, but until that day enjoy watching 3-5 teams like Potter County make the semifinals in 9B every year.

Comment

Working...
      X