Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Splain the sorry state of West River high school athletics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Splain the sorry state of West River high school athletics.

In a normal year I'll make it to one football and maybe three basketball games for the Jacks. Been out of the State for 53 years. Can someone explain to me why the Rapid City schools are so miserable when it comes to sports (I guess it's been a fairly good Legion baseball program). I don't see Kansas City schools dominating St. Louis schools in Missouri. What's up? No money? No coaching? Bad genes? The water?

Add priorities to the above list, including money, facilities, time, etc. There are a lot of people who would rather ride the Hills on a mountain bike all summer than practice football drills. And there are other things people would rather do...
    ​​
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

St Thomas More has a solid athletic program. Possibly they are getting a large amount of the athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        St Thomas More has a solid athletic program. Possibly they are getting a large amount of the athletes?
        This definitely has an impact on things I'd think. High level athletes know they can go to St. Thomas More and contend for state titles. Same can't be said for either RC public school (Stevens or Central).

Comment

Spearfish lost 63-0 to the Brookings and guess who they are seeded against in 11AA playoffs? None other than Brookings. The way the 11 man classes are set up 11AAA does play any 11AA teams but 11AA play 11A schools. For instance Brookings played Madison and Lennox this year. Both Rapid public schools elected to play at 11AAA and they seem to take a weekly clubbing. I watched Rapid Central play Watertown and they threw a scare to Watertown who won. Some things never change such as West River football.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-26-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

There really is no reason why an 0-8 team should make the playoffs. 11B St. Thomas More beat all three west river 11AA teams with a combined score of 102-25.

Comment

Working...
            X