South Dakota media outlets are embarassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota media outlets are embarassing

The Register had an ad in yesterday's (Monday) paper that stated that they were looking for an Assistant Sports Editor. The paper, however, seems to have a very high turnover in the Sports Dept. and may be using the "Division I" phrase in an attempt to entice a couple applications. The sad reality is that someone could likely get a higher-paying job at one of the factories in Brookings than if he or she worked at the Register. In addition, I think that they should consider changing their publication dates; the Saturday (and even Sunday) sports events are pretty old news by the time the Register gets around to publishing on Monday afternoon. If they really want to focus on local news, they should drop the Monday edition (little in the way of local news and sports) and publish a Sunday morning edition instead.

In the mean time, I'll just stick to reading Kimmes' good work with the Collegian......

Comment

Re: South Dakota media outlets are embarassing

Something funny and worthwhile to note that the SF media did. On the evening of the 7th of Oct. I was watching KELO news after returning home from the football game. In their intro to the USD story they showed the "Yotes" running out onto the field behind a guy on a harley. The passenger on the Harley was the Coyote mascot.

When the Harley took off it immediately dumped the Coyote on its keister. Thank God for Tivo. I have replayed this several times and giggled each time. I only wish I was technologically savvy enough to put it here or on Youtube.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
      X