Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota First Round FB Playoff Scores

Originally posted by eqguy
    How bout them Roncalli Cavaliers.  They are absolutely pounding people (0 points given up this season)

let me restate that

0 Points given up this SEASON
    Think the Argus might want to recognize that? While at Hamlin we made at least the state semifinals every year from 1982 (I think) until 1992 (I think). Included were 5 appearances at the dome and 3 straight 11B titles (89-91). Since 1993 we have another title and a runner-up. I don't think the Argus ever had us favored much less a story on the team. North of Dells pretty much gets a snub from the Argus, which is fine if they are willing to admit that they are a regional paper and nothing more. Of course, I'm a little biased, I recognize that.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      [quote author=jackrabit1 link=1161745740/0#13 date=1161883549]
      As my old band teacher used to say "Any team can beat any other team on any given day."
      Your band teacher said that? Geez, my band teacher probably didn't even know what sport was being played much less which team we were playing.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Sounds like a pretty cool band teacher.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

0 points for the season should be national news, not regional.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
          [quote author=jackmd link=1161745740/0#14 date=1161889222][quote author=jackrabit1 link=1161745740/0#13 date=1161883549]
          As my old band teacher used to say "Any team can beat any other team on any given day."
          Your band teacher said that?  Geez, my band teacher probably didn't even know what sport was being played much less which team we were playing.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.  Sounds like a pretty cool band teacher.[/quote]

The fact that he was also a weight-lifter makes him even cooler.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
            0 points for the season should be national news, not regional.
            The season isn't over yet......

Comment

For those of you that don't know the story behind Roncalli, I'll put what I know out there. It definitely isn't complete but its the gist of the story:

Last year, sometime shortly after winning the State title, Coach Terry Dosch's wife found out she had terminal cancer. They battled together for quite some time and I believe that sometime this late June or early July she lost her battle. The Roncalli family has banded together around Coach Dosch and the team made it a bit of a rallying cry to win another for him.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

[/quote]

Think the Argus might want to recognize that?  While at Hamlin we made at least the state semifinals every year from 1982 (I think) until 1992 (I think).  Included were 5 appearances at the dome and 3 straight 11B titles (89-91).  Since 1993 we have another title and a runner-up.  I don't think the Argus ever had us favored much less a story on the team.  quote]

Very True, but JackMD we always liked when they didn't pick us, then we knew we were going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
                  Hey Jackrabbit1 What happened to Arlington?  I know they lost their best three players to graduation but they were still dominant early and then absolutely dropped off at the end.  

Arlington had about four serious injuries in both the Estilline and Castlewood games and those who were hurt were all starters and playmakers. One townsperson told me that they thought the program would be down after this year, and with two state champs under the belt, I think expectations were very high and maybe too high which probably added to the pressure of winning the final two games. Also Eureka-Bowdle has a very good running back named Rau which I would assume Coach Stig will get some film and no doubt get a good look. Eureka Bowdle is getting close to Selby, Stigs home so I dont see him not giving this kid a good look. Arlington could not stop Rau and that how they lost hat game.

Comment

Working...
                  X