Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daktronics mention in KC Star Article

Originally posted by filbert
    Update:  Thingy's Sporting Goods is actually "d i c k ' s" Sporting Goods.  Maybe I need to consider changing the @#$@ Censored list.
    I have tried to train my brain to automatically replace "thingy" with "d i c k", however sometimes it confuses me.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

i had my 10 seconds of fame on the kdlt news last night at 10. got a little interview on about the dak expansion.

Comment

I saw you and you did very well. Didn't spit, belch, sneeze, etc. ;D ;D

Seriously, it was an interesting piece.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          [quote author=filbert link=1149987820/0#12 date=1155834022]
          Update:  Thingy's Sporting Goods is actually "d i c k ' s" Sporting Goods.  Maybe I need to consider changing the @#$@ Censored list.
          I have tried to train my brain to automatically replace "thingy" with "d i c k", however sometimes it confuses me.
          [/quote]

Perhaps if you used "Peter?" or perhaps "Willy?"
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

More from the Register:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...83&page=23

Dak just keeps on growing

BY JILL FIER

Business has been especially good for Daktronics over the past few years, and a celebration at the Brookings business Thursday afternoon was proof of that.
            The gathering was part groundbreaking and part ribbon cutting for the business that manufactures sports scoreboards, video displays and digital billboards.
            The ribbon cutting was to give the public its first look at a new 110,000-square-foot building, completed just last month.
            Of that space, 80,000 square feet is dedicated to manufacturing space. The remaining area houses a new cafeteria, manufacturing offices and conference rooms.
            Daktronics, community and state leaders first helped break ground for another building, which will be built to the southwest of the 110,000-square-foot space.
            The newest building will go up in two phases. The first phase will provide about 204,500 square feet of space by the fall of 2007. Of that area, about 136,500 square feet will be used for manufacturing and warehousing, and 68,000 will become additional cafeteria and office space.
            Phase two, which will be completed as the need for space arises, will add another 136,500 square feet onto the building, bringing its total space to 341,000 square feet.
            Daktronics’ Manufacturing Manager Matt Kurtenbach said when completed, the new building will be about a $14 million investment. The cost of the building that was open for visitors Thursday was about $6 million. The new spaces will allow the business to grow, and gives current workers "a little more elbow room," he added.
            "We decided really in the spring that our growth was going to require us to keep going and break ground again this summer." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Re: Meet Godzilla Tron

Its nickname is Godzillatron.

The monstrous new scoreboard the University of Texas' gridiron football stadium, towering over the south end zone at 55 feet high and 134 feet wide, is more than just a Texas-sized upgrade at Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the defending national champions.

It's nearly as wide as the field itself and will be, for a short time at least, the largest high-definition video display board in the world, school officials said.

And Texas players can't wait to watch super-sized replays of their touchdowns.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5908172

This is one guy who is proud to have worked on the project.

Comment

I'm hanging on to my shares. I think once the manufacturing facility opens in Sioux Falls, things will be better. Dak is kicking butt just selling video billboards to Lamar and Clearchannel advertising. And, unless I'm wrong, Dak is the only company worldwide to have a high def video board. Dolphins stadium must be an awesome sight. I think the pro ad addition will be a sweet deal.

Comment

Brooking-based manufacturer Daktronics Inc., which expanded to Sioux Falls this year, reported today fiscal 2007 second quarter net sales of $123.5 million and net income of $8.9 million, or 22 cents per diluted share, compared with fiscal 2006 second quarter net sales of $75.8 million and net income of $5.2 million, or 13 cents per diluted share.

Net sales, net income and earnings per share for the six months ended Oct. 28 were $215.7 million, $13.9 million and 34 cents per diluted share, respectively, compared with $148.1 million, $9.8 million and 25 cents per diluted share, respectively, for the same period one year ago.
                  http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/61115006

Comment

Working...
                  X