Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sioux Valley Healthcare

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
    [quote author=goon link=1170531830/0#8 date=1170719431]Well ive heard to things that kinda bother me about it.  Not sure if its true or not but it could be a factor is what he has been doing.  First i heard he is getting a divorce and doesnt want to leave his wife with anything so he wants to get rid of it before she can touch it.  second It sounded like Sioux Valley, or Sanford valley or what ever it is now,  has been building up to fast and spending a bit recklessly the last few years and havent been able to keep out of debt.  plus that their loan rating is very low for what a lot of hospitals are usually at.  dont know if anyone else has heard that either.  If he wants this state to be huge into research he might wanna try giving a hand to the research park here in brookings.  Team up with both major colleges and hospitals in state and that would be something impressive.  instead of competing, working together on research would be the most impressive, instead of say, sioux valley trying to shut down specialty hospitals for their own gain.  
    Just a suggestion goon...but I think that proper capitalization, proper grammar, proper punctuation and proper spelling  (i.e.  building up     to    fast), and less rumor (i heard) would have given this post a little higher regard.
    [/quote]

What, so your like a grammer teacher or something? It didnt seem that difficult to read with a few mistakes in it. I hope it didnt ruin your day.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
      [quote author=goon link=1170531830/0#8 date=1170719431]Well ive heard to things that kinda bother me about it.  Not sure if its true or not but it could be a factor is what he has been doing.  First i heard he is getting a divorce and doesnt want to leave his wife with anything so he wants to get rid of it before she can touch it.  second It sounded like Sioux Valley, or Sanford valley or what ever it is now,  has been building up to fast and spending a bit recklessly the last few years and havent been able to keep out of debt.  plus that their loan rating is very low for what a lot of hospitals are usually at.  dont know if anyone else has heard that either.  If he wants this state to be huge into research he might wanna try giving a hand to the research park here in brookings.  Team up with both major colleges and hospitals in state and that would be something impressive.  instead of competing, working together on research would be the most impressive, instead of say, sioux valley trying to shut down specialty hospitals for their own gain.  
      Just a suggestion goon...but I think that proper capitalization, proper grammar, proper punctuation and proper spelling  (i.e.  building up     to    fast), and less rumor (i heard) would have given this post a little higher regard.
      [/quote]

Sorry i didnt major in wordilogy, but those are just the things i heard, take it for whats its worth. Sub in quickly for fast and so on. If you need help figuring out what where i was going with that, just ask.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

OK, guys . . .

On the one hand, it's considered somewhat rude (in some circles of the Internet, anyway) to overly criticize the occasional spelling/grammar errors of others.

On the other hand, it's considered somewhat untutored to commit grammar and spelling errors in most forms of written communication. At the very least, it makes it more difficult for your intended audience to read and understand what you're trying to say.

Either way, I don't think the most recent discussion is really adding anything of value for most readers of the board, if you get my hint . . .

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but "wordilogy" seems really interesting. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
            I don't know about anyone else, but "wordilogy" seems really interesting. ;D ;D ;D ;D
            True . . . very true . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              [quote author=SD-STATE link=1170531830/15#18 date=1170812984]I don't know about anyone else, but "wordilogy" seems really interesting. ;D ;D ;D ;D
              True . . . very true . . .    [/quote]

Or is there another o in it? is it wordiology? Either way, if my grammer and punctuation takes away from what the post is trying to convey, then i will try to do better. It did not seem that bad to me but I guess I might be biased. Also, I don't think I am the worstest offender of such speling and graamer mistakes. Get it? Ok I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
                [quote author=filbert link=1170531830/15#19 date=1170813484][quote author=SD-STATE link=1170531830/15#18 date=1170812984]I don't know about anyone else, but "wordilogy" seems really interesting. ;D ;D ;D ;D
                True . . . very true . . . [/quote]

Or is there another o in it? is it wordiology? Either way, if my grammer and punctuation takes away from what the post is trying to convey, then i will try to do better. It did not seem that bad to me but I guess I might be biased. Also, I don't think I am the worstest offender of such speling and graamer mistakes. Get it? Ok I'm done.[/quote]

Very good. Wordiology. I like it.

Carry on . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think...I think....I think it's deja vu??

Comment

Sanford health is now running ads in the Rapid City market where Sioux Valley has not previously held a significant presence or influence.  The purpose of the ad seemed to be public relations enhancement in nature.  It makes us wonder if Sanford plans to enter this market in a real way.

If so, will it be done via merger or acquisition, or will it be by new and direct competition?

It would appear that Sanford may quickly have an impact well beyone the Soux Falls market.

I had heard some months ago that high state government officials have been hoping for a merger between unrelated health care organizations in South Dakota that would lead to the formation of a statewide healthcare system.  Perhaps those government officials will someday get their wish.

Comment

They also placed adds in the Wall Street Journal and USA today trying to reach the medical community and get the word out that they are coming.

I have nothing bad to say about the gift. I think it's about time these CEO's give back in a big way. Kudo's to Sanford. Also, he says it wasn't his idea about the name change.

I am torn about the difference between endowments and using the money right away. For research I think this was the best move. For helping the average Joe, I'm not sure.

It's great they are focusing on the Children side of things. It should rival any Children's hospital within 8 hours of SF.

Comment

Working...
                      X