X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daktronics gets another Big Deal

Chan-Ching.
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...311270002/1100

That’s because the Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority on Monday unanimously approved an $11.4 million deal for two ginormous high-definition scoreboards at Lucas Oil Stadium.
    Consisting of three screens each, the 97-foot-wide-by-nearly-53-foot-high scoreboards will hang in the northwest and southeast corners of the building.

Each will feature a single 97-foot-wide-by-37-foot-high screen, five times larger than the scoreboard in the RCA Dome, authority Chairman David Frick said. The two other screens, positioned on top of the main screen, will measure 24 feet wide by nearly 16 feet high. They will be separated by the stadium nameplate and advertisements.

In the NFL, only the Pittsburgh Steelers can claim a similar system, said Bo Ivers, sales manager for Daktronics, which won the bid.

While big, they won’t be the biggest scoreboards. That distinction goes to the board at the University of Texas in Austin, which measures approximately 150 feet wide by 50 feet high, Ivers said.

Comment

As a fellow Daktronics employee (and I can almost gaurantee that I've been there longer than you) I think it's kind of funny how quick you are to spread news about Daktronics. Sure, posting new projects might interest people ... but news about the internal departments is a little out of hand ... who cares if Commercial is all turning into Video or whatever ...

It sounds like you just want to be known as the 'go to' guy for Daktronics news ... why don't you leave the real marketing up to the marketing associates and just do your job.

It's okay if you don't know everything about everything. You don't have to look like you do.

You're right when you say Dak is a public company and new projects can be released ... but I don't know if giving insight to 'possible future' projects falls under that category ...

Comment

Good job for Dakt. I am a stockholder of 200 shares love to know what is going on internally and externally. If its rumor or hearsay and not constructive its not helpful. I would buy more Dakt if were 6 bucks a share again. Not a sophiscated investor so am a blind hog who found a acorn.

Comment

Quite a bit of talk last night between John Gordon and Dan Gladden on the radio broadcast of the Twins/Royals game about Daktronics (even if Gordo misspoke the company name several times at first). Evidently, the Twins bigwigs were in KC to check out the Royals massive new HD board and meet with Daktronics folks. They talked about Daktronics being in Brookings "of all places" and how awesome the Royals' new board is.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I believe tomorrow night on Discovery Channel will be a new show that features Dak and the Royals scoreboard. It is on at 7:00 or 7:30 central. I believe KSFY had a piece on it during their 10:00 news the other night.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

According to my DVR it is on at 9:30 tonight on a show titled "Factory Made" on the Discovery Channel.

Three episodes of "Factory Made" are scheduled for 7, 7:30, and 9:30. The 9:30 show is titled "The Worldest Largest High-Def Screen". So I'm thinking it is on at 9:30 tonight. I'm DVRing all three episodes.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Oh goodie! I never scrolled over. I am going to set my DVR now.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                X