Rail line to be restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rail line to be restored

Its not the corn that is a major issue though its the fact that there is no natural gas none what so ever.
    Here is a quote from the yankton paper
    " the difference is that we are 50 miles from the nearest natural gasline, whereas 98% of the ethanol plants are fueld by natural gas" "We will be the first ethanol plant in the United States fueld by biomass. We will meet one-third of our needs from our own corn (fiber), and the other two-thirds will cme from corn stalks"
    "We will operate 100% biomass, so we will be the greenest plant in the U.S.

Fagen is a big company I am not shure but I would assume they would be using ICM-Phoenix technology (most of the plants they build do) I know ICM-Phoenix has a methane digester that would be operated on Sweetwater or syrup and the bi-product of the cellulosic ethanol (product out of centrifuses which has no feed value). However in all of the press-releases I have heard nothing about producing cellulosic ethanol. I have heard of burning cornstalks in with natural gas but never like they are proposing but I guess I will wait and see.

Comment

Re: Rail line to be restored

Rail-update....

The WNE had a press-release and said that they plan on starting to restore the rail this November and begin ethanol plant construction around March..... I will be taking a trip to Napa-Junction (where the line meets up with the BNSF line) at thanksgiving time to see if they have started or not..... I took a trip there before making the trip out west and there was a machine that looked like some type of a rail puller.

I have also talked to my senator, Yankton's Senator and the local state DOT manager and they all say that nothing is officially signed in Pierre and have told the towns that it goes through not to do anything until further notice.

Comment

Working...
      X