Vera Sun building a new plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vera Sun building a new plant

I would like to see an increase in ethanol production, but I worry about with an increased demand for corn it might hurt the CRP programs in the region. Even though most CRP land is less than desirable for farming, there could be a push for more farmable acres. I would hate see the loss of prime pheasant and waterfowl habitat for the sake of more corn. Hopefully there will be increased yields instead of an increase in tillage.

Comment

Re: Vera Sun building a new plant

Yes I can understand the concerns about CRP, wildlife and hunting. The current Farm Bill has included some incentives for cellouse ethonol. which will allow for sources from switch grass and other plain grass to be used. This is suspose to help western parts of North and South Dakota, provided they get ample rain and have grass to mow. Right now the corn prices are good and also its help the price of beef production which puts more pressure into growing more acres. I dont think we should let these concerns run our life and make us more addicted to petroluem use.

The CRP is a good program and not being a hunter it seems to make driving at night a challenge in rural areas, not so much a hazzard with pheasant flying up but more so with deer coming out of no where to smack your grill on your car into the engine. So always give and take.

Comment

Working...
      X