HS Football Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS Football Playoffs

So. Pierre beat Spearfish 103-0 tonight. My God. Glad there are 7 classes of football.

Re: HS Football Playoffs

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So. Pierre beat Spearfish 103-0 tonight. My God. Glad there are 7 classes of football.
    Boat raced them or pine bluffed them. Either way that's bad.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not a good look. Pierre is an incredible team, but there's no way an 0-9 team (that scored only 23 points all year!) should ever make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
        Not a good look. Pierre is an incredible team, but there's no way an 0-9 team (that scored only 23 points all year!) should ever make the playoffs.
        Theoretically, no but with seven classes and the SDHSAA making the schedules, this the outcome. In all, there no 10 points margins of victory. Several games, winner won by 25 of more. It’s crazy and no fun for the losing teams. Mercy rules next??

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Theoretically, no but with seven classes and the SDHSAA making the schedules, this the outcome. In all, there no 10 points margins of victory. Several games, winner won by 25 of more. It’s crazy and no fun for the losing teams. Mercy rules next??
          Lot's of things you can change:

1. Reduce # of classes
          2. Mercy Rule
          3. Don't allow as many teams into the playoffs. Just because there are 8 teams doesn't mean they all have to make it. Only let top-4 or top-6 (give top 2 a first round bye) into the playoffs. Then you avoid this embarrassment.

This is such a joke of a system that it really cheats our SD kids of a good experience. When they look back 10 years from now and think about the state title they won and how they only had to be the best of 8 teams to win it, how proud are they really going to feel?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

1. Reduce # of classes
            2. Mercy Rule
            3. Don't allow as many teams into the playoffs. Just because there are 8 teams doesn't mean they all have to make it. Only let top-4 or top-6 (give top 2 a first round bye) into the playoffs. Then you avoid this embarrassment.

This is such a joke of a system that it really cheats our SD kids of a good experience. When they look back 10 years from now and think about the state title they won and how they only had to be the best of 8 teams to win it, how proud are they really going to feel?
            Most old guys really don’t care that much and some of them can’t recall Even winning it.
            We need more people in SD Struggling to keep a nine program going is no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

1. Reduce # of classes
              2. Mercy Rule

If you reduce the number of classes, then you won't have as many classes with only 8 teams. Honestly, I think it's asinine that we have seven classes in a state of less than 900,000.

I see the SDHSAA is considering eliminating an 11-man and a 9-man class, leaving 3 11-man and 2 9-man classes. That's a lot more sane.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                If you reduce the number of classes, then you won't have as many classes with only 8 teams. Honestly, I think it's asinine that we have seven classes in a state of less than 900,000.

I see the SDHSAA is considering eliminating an 11-man and a 9-man class, leaving 3 11-man and 2 9-man classes. That's a lot more sane.
                Man - I sure hope this happens. Like it needs to happen. I just hope some common sense comes to prevail and not this putrid "everyone needs to make the playoffs" mentality that has been going on the last 10-15 years as we've just continued to add classes.

Comment

Working...
                X