X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit74
    replied
    Re: South Dakota Added to California State Travel Ban

If people would just drop their discrimination and prejudices, none of this woudl be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• sdsu_drake
    replied

If the people from all of the states on the travel ban decided to not vacation in California. I have a fealing it would hurt them more then us.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'm half hoping that California just falls into the ocean.

"Like the mystics and statistics say it will" - Warren Zevon (RIP), "Desperados Under The Eaves"

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

We try to avoid political discussions on this board...but California's travel ban and its impact on sports seems to invite a political discussion. Sure hope this board can avoid politics but when politics gets mixed with sports, it seems the political discussion is inevitable. I hope the discourse remains civil.

My two cents: I like seeing Cal Poly and UC-Davis in Brookings and I hope everyone figures a way out of the travel ban (seems to me a better approach may be to encourage such travel rather than to shut off interaction among the states).

Before anyone starts signing a petition to encourage California to secede from the nation, do a little research into how much California pays into the federal government through taxes compared to how much it gets back from the federal government. Then, look at the same stats for South Dakota (we're not the worst). Do the research: the info is readily available. For those living in SD, ask your neighborhood legislator to tell you what percentage of SD's budget comes from the Federal Government.

Then beg California to keep paying lots of money into the federal government.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Pie,pie,pie,pie
    B
    O
    O
    B
    S

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Pie,pie,pie,pie

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    In a more nuanced/specific view, I'm against public financing across the board for stadiums for professional teams that are owned by the team. Public financing for something like the Denny where it's owned by the city should be looked at on a case by case basis. I'd say the Denny is a positive.

When people talk about politics in sports, public financing for professional stadiums is the first thing I think of.
    Well thank you,that clarifies your position quite a bit.I take back you want to argue,your reasoning seems to be pretty legitimate to me after you made your specificities known on the subject.You should of said that right up front instead of leaving it open to anyone's interpretation though.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Guess i read it as sarcasm,taking a relatively generic, benign post,said in jest,and trying to bestow upon it a negative connotation...sorry if I misinterpreted your intensions.Then you really are for the removal of public financing for Stadiums like the Denny?
    In a more nuanced/specific view, I'm against public financing across the board for stadiums for professional teams that are owned by the team. Public financing for something like the Denny where it's owned by the city should be looked at on a case by case basis. I'd say the Denny is a positive.

When people talk about politics in sports, public financing for professional stadiums is the first thing I think of.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Wait, what? You said you didn't want politics in sports. I agreed with you because that would remove public financing for stadiums.
    Guess i read it as sarcasm,taking a relatively generic, benign post,said in jest,and trying to bestow upon it a negative connotation...sorry if I misinterpreted your intensions. Then you really are for the removal of public financing for Stadiums like the Denny,or why bring it up and agree that would be a good thing,in your opinion?I'm back to someone wants to argue today.

Furthermore,who, other than you implying so, said I was against public financing of Stadiums anyway? You can't agree with something I've never said.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

what does gay lifestyle have to do with team x meeting team b on the court to see who has the better team......nothing!!!I see you want to argue today,besides,we don't have to worry about our Legislature here in SD being so stupidly arrogant to try and force their ideology upon everyone in the whole country.
    Wait, what? You said you didn't want politics in sports. I agreed with you because that would remove public financing for stadiums.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Agree

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Yeah, they're trying that too . . . some of them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

I'm all for it. Get rid of public financing for stadiums! Sweet!
    what does gay lifestyle have to do with team x meeting team b on the court to see who has the better team......nothing!!!I see you want to argue today,besides,we don't have to worry about our Legislature here in SD being so stupidly arrogant to try and force their ideology upon everyone in the whole country.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Politics should be banned from sports...that ban would make sense.
    I'm all for it. Get rid of public financing for stadiums! Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    If they try hard enough I'm sure they can find an issue with all 49 other states and just form their own country.
    Yeah, they're trying that too . . . some of them anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X