This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama is Watertown's LATI grad speaker

It was announced by the White House and Lake Area Technical Institute today at 4:00 p.m., that President Obama will be LATI's commencement speaker May 8.

LATI was recently recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top three community colleges in the country. LATI has more than 2,000 students enrolled. The school has several connections with SDSU.
    Last edited by JackJD; 04-14-2015, 08:00 AM.

Re: President O'Bama is Watertown's LATI grad speaker

So he is finally going to grace South Dakota with his presence.

Comment

It must have been my 3/4ths Irish heritage but when I started this thread, I had a little St. Patrick's Day spelling hangover and spelled the President's name with an apostrophe. That was pointed out to me by a friend and I've corrected the title to this thread. Unfortunately, my error was carried over in the title on subsequent posts.

I assume we'll keep political discussion out of this thread as we do on all threads. I made the original post because anytime a President - no matter who the President is -- comes to your town, it's a big deal.

Comment

Bar must be low...

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          It must have been my 3/4ths Irish heritage but when I started this thread, I had a little St. Patrick's Day spelling hangover and spelled the President's name with an apostrophe. That was pointed out to me by a friend and I've corrected the title to this thread. Unfortunately, my error was carried over in the title on subsequent posts.

I assume we'll keep political discussion out of this thread as we do on all threads. I made the original post because anytime a President - no matter who the President is -- comes to your town, it's a big deal.
          That would be the ideal, but some just can't, it seems. Sort of like inappropriate bumper stickers, they just pop up in the silliest of places. GBGBGJ

Comment

I think it's pretty cool. Depending how big of a pain it is, I'd love to be able to go.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I am thinking the introduction would be awkward without any member of the SD delegation nor the governor being of the same party, but since this is a graduation ceremony and not a political rally, I suspect the LATI head official will do the honors. Apparently it was his idea of invite.

Comment

The White House called LATI out of recognition of what LATI has achieved. As Nidaros wrote: this is a graduation ceremony and will not be a political rally.

RochJack: it appears you're correct. So, since the news has been presented, I'll put a lock on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X