Classic South Dakota Weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic South Dakota Weather...

70 degree temps in the east, blizzard in the west. To top it all off, Brookings County is in both a BLIZZARD Warning and a TORNADO Warning at the exact same time right now....classic South Dakota Spring.

We've dropped about 30 degrees so far here in Beadle County in the last couple of hours, and it just started to snow ice pellets...wind driven of course.

It also looks like are friend up north in Fargo and Grand Forks could be looking at 12+ inches of snow, I do not envy them right now.

***I'm a weather nerd and this type of stuff gets me excited***

Re: Classic South Dakota Weather...

The Brookings Tornado Warning came and went, but now the action is picking up just across the border into Minnesota.

Funnel Cloud Pics...
    https://twitter.com/severestudios/status/450747535766720512
    https://twitter.com/severestudios/st...50905160179712

Comment

It is hard for me to tell how the weather is now since the ice on the north side of the house makes for poor vision out. I can tell the wind is in the 40's when I crack the patio door. It must be close to April 1 and this is nature's April Fool joke.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Got some hail in Arlington, now it's wind and light snow. Hope the snow goes somewhere else.

Comment

I think lewis black sort of has a joke related to this. Talking about a thunder snow. How messed up that is. Becasue when you hear thunder you have a certain expectation to what's happening and its not snow. Its pretty funny.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Keep an eye out for tomorrow, looks like another snow storm for everybody along and east of the Jim River, looks like it will be between 5-8 inches of the heavy wet snow. Looks like if you live on the Minnesota side of the border, you will get smashed with 7-14 inches Thursday night into Friday, with more the closer you get to the Cities. Like I said, this is going to be the heavy wet stuff, so take it easy when you are moving it....no heart attacks!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Keep an eye out for tomorrow, looks like another snow storm for everybody along and east of the Jim River, looks like it will be between 5-8 inches of the heavy wet snow. Looks like if you live on the Minnesota side of the border, you will get smashed with 7-14 inches Thursday night into Friday, with more the closer you get to the Cities. Like I said, this is going to be the heavy wet stuff, so take it easy when you are moving it....no heart attacks!
              I think my snow removal method is going to be wait a day or 2 till its 50 degrees and that takes care of it.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Major Storm to Hit South Dakota on Friday October…: http://youtu.be/BMautDEKvao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  This time of year, mother nature can clean up her own mess.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                  X