sd hs girls state tournament.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sd hs girls state tournament.......

planning on watching as much of the tournaments as possible. who are some specific players to keep an eye on? thanks

Re: sd hs girls state tournament.......

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    planning on watching as much of the tournaments as possible. who are some specific players to keep an eye on? thanks
    Already researched this (for the girls) and posted
    Jackrabbit Womens Basketball/2014 recruiting/post#138

Comment

just saw a final of a class A score. STM 61 Garretson 16....ouch. Is that a record for least amount of points scored?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        just saw a final of a class A score. STM 61 Garretson 16....ouch. Is that a record for least amount of points scored?
        It is completely asinine to me that the state doesn't re-seed 1-16 based on the power point system yhey already use at the Regional round. Some very deserving teams get left out of the State tournament every year. By no means are the BEST teams represente in the SD State Basketball Tournaments boys or girls.

Just another example of the SDHSAA teaching our kids that being mediocre is OK.
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          It is completely asinine to me that the state doesn't re-seed 1-16 based on the power point system yhey already use at the Regional round. Some very deserving teams get left out of the State tournament every year. By no means are the BEST teams represente in the SD State Basketball Tournaments boys or girls.

Individual schools vote on these issues wether to recommend a change like this to happen or not and I believe it has not been recommended by the schools. But yes SDHSAA has the final say on the matter.
          Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-13-2014, 06:57 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Individual schools vote on these issues and has been voted down.
            You're right..I can't say I feel any better knowing that our AD's and Superintendents who are teachers too in most cases, are fine with rewarding mediocrity...they obviously are when it comes to this.
            Making everything "fair" for our kids has taken the United States educational system and put it behind countries like...Venezuela.

As Judge Shmails said..."the world needs ditch diggers too."
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Individual schools vote on these issues wether to recommend a change like this to happen or not and I believe it has not been recommended by the schools. But yes SDHSAA has the final say on the matter.
              I agree, it shouldn't matter what region or district you are in. If you are higher in the power point system they deserve to go. It's always the same region that finishes last every year. They could give out auto bids to the region winners then have the top 4 teams that got left out (according to the power point system) get an at-large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

I know that this is comparing apples to oranges but isn't this how that Summit League/NCAA Tournament is ran?

The Summit League Tournament would be like the Region Tournament. All of the teams get in and they are seeded to find out the match-ups. If you win that tourney, you move on to the NCAA(State) tourney. There are some NCAA conferences that aren't as good as the others just like some Regions(Garretson's) that aren't as good as others. That does switch some years maybe more-so in high school than it does in college.

What would of happened if Denver's WBB team would have won the Summit League Tournament? They would have made the NCAA tourney with on 10 wins which would be worse than Garretson making it in high school basketball.

I guess if you wanted to take 16 teams to the state tournament then you could either take the top 2 tournament teams from each region, the regular season and tournament champ from each region, top 2 regular season teams from each region, etc…

There are a couple of other options. Seed every team in the state so there are no week regions(travel would suck) or have it be like the AA Tournament and have it be double elimination so hopefully the cream can rise up so the best teams make it to state. The double elimination wouldn't completely solve that because there still are weak regions but at least the "best" team in that region has a better chance of moving on to state.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I know that this is comparing apples to oranges but isn't this how that Summit League/NCAA Tournament is ran?

The Summit League Tournament would be like the Region Tournament. All of the teams get in and they are seeded to find out the match-ups. If you win that tourney, you move on to the NCAA(State) tourney. There are some NCAA conferences that aren't as good as the others just like some Regions(Garretson's) that aren't as good as others. That does switch some years maybe more-so in high school than it does in college.

What would of happened if Denver's WBB team would have won the Summit League Tournament? They would have made the NCAA tourney with on 10 wins which would be worse than Garretson making it in high school basketball.

I guess if you wanted to take 16 teams to the state tournament then you could either take the top 2 tournament teams from each region, the regular season and tournament champ from each region, top 2 regular season teams from each region, etc…

There are a couple of other options. Seed every team in the state so there are no week regions(travel would suck) or have it be like the AA Tournament and have it be double elimination so hopefully the cream can rise up so the best teams make it to state. The double elimination wouldn't completely solve that because there still are weak regions but at least the "best" team in that region has a better chance of moving on to state.
                  Sure would be nice to get another crack at USD.
                  The downside,people would argue you're giving teams chances until they finally beat you.

Before i figuered out the format used in AA,this is what i thought when you beat a team in reg season twice,beat them in the district championship, and then lose to them at State.Win 3-4 but don't get the prize.

I know they only have 4 districts,and need four more teams to complete the field for the State AA,but,it's very aggravating when a team you beat 3 times has one good game at State and grabs the prize out of your grasp.

Comment

Working...
                  X