Events to Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events to Sioux Falls

Did I miss this elsewhere? If so, mods please move.

Sioux Falls will be hosting a bunch of DII NCAA tournaments in the future, as was announced yesterday.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

■ Men’s basketball in 2017 and 2018 at the Sanford Pentagon;

■ Women’s basketball in 2015, 2016 and 2018 at the Pentagon;

■ Wrestling in 2016 at the Denny Sanford Premier Center;

■ Women’s volleyball in 2016 at the Pentagon; and

■ Outdoor track and field in 2018 at the University of Sioux Falls.

I'm planning on buying tickets to these when they become available. I would encourage others to do the same, if these events are successful expect more and bigger NCAA events in the future.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Events to Sioux Falls

With so many events to the Pentagon, is the Premier Center going to get enough dates to make money? Why keep the Arena? Convention floor space? That has to be so old as to really start racking up high maintenance costs.

Comment

Forgot about hockey, but is that enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        With so many events to the Pentagon, is the Premier Center going to get enough dates to make money? Why keep the Arena? Convention floor space? That has to be so old as to really start racking up high maintenance costs.
        Remember, the Premier Center will be a true "events" center rather than just a sports arena. Their will be some pretty high end concerts and shows held there as well. Will the final line be in the black year in and year out? I have no clue.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Remember, the Premier Center will be a true "events" center rather than just a sports arena. Their will be some pretty high end concerts and shows held there as well. Will the final line be in the black year in and year out? I have no clue.
          Should be in the black w/ naming rights, suites, etc. The corporate naming rights deal that was made far exceeded what they were expecting and blew similar deals from similar size cities/event centers out of the water.

SF Storm will also being play there. Official announcement hasn't been made yet.

Comment

Premier Center amazing! Parking when multiple events happening at same time or Capacity event at Premier Center is a nightmare! This is what many were telling Mayor Heuther and others, but it fell on deaf ears. One solution move Canaries Stadium downtown and put a parking ramp/ Hotel on current site of baseball stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Premier Center amazing! Parking when multiple events happening at same time or Capacity event at Premier Center is a nightmare! This is what many were telling Mayor Heuther and others, but it fell on deaf ears. One solution move Canaries Stadium downtown and put a parking ramp/ Hotel on current site of baseball stadium.
              Yes, parking was always going to be a nightmare...but in South Dakota if people can't park within 50 feet of the stadium, arena, etc. people moan and groan. You go to any major city and to an event and you have parking nightmares. Tired of SD people moaning and groaning about parking and traffic being an issue.

But I do agree w/ moving baseball stadium downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Yes, parking was always going to be a nightmare...but in South Dakota if people can't park within 50 feet of the stadium, arena, etc. people moan and groan. You go to any major city and to an event and you have parking nightmares. Tired of SD people moaning and groaning about parking and traffic being an issue.

But I do agree w/ moving baseball stadium downtown.
                This x1000! Even if you have to park out in centerfield by Buffalo Wild Wings it takes what, 3 minutes to walk to the Event Center?
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I would have to think that there could be a very viable solution for parking somewhere not far from these facilities where people could park and take a shuttle to the Denny or the Arena.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    I would have to think that there could be a very viable solution for parking somewhere not far from these facilities where people could park and take a shuttle to the Denny or the Arena.

SUPERBUNNY
                    They do and they have.

"Parking and Shuttle service: Free shuttle service will be operating from Elmwood Park at Russell and Western; Burnside Park at 4th and Grange; and Terrace Park at Madison and Menlo. Shuttles will only run during select events, so concert goers are encouraged to check ahead for details. General admission parking is available on site on a first come, first served basis."
                    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X