Fall 2013 Enrollments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2013 Enrollments

The fall 2013 enrollments will be released tomorrow, September 24, at 10:00 AM.

SDSU
    2009 - Headcount - 12,376 - FTE - 10,197.3
    2010 - Headcount - 12,816 - FTE - 10,512.5
    2011 - Headcount - 12,725 - FTE - 10,420.9
    2012 - Headcount - 12,583 - FTE - 10,153

I'm hoping/guessing for a slight bump this year up 117 students. My guess is 12,700. Other guesses? Best guess get's to feel smart and I'll give them some rep points

Re: Fall 2013 Enrollments

I'll SWAG 12,892.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

12300 is my guess.

Comment

Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Yearly reminder: Headcount is not a good measure of an institution's productivity/scope. Pay attention to the FTEs.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Yearly reminder: Headcount is not a good measure of an institution's productivity/scope. Pay attention to the FTEs.
            On that FTE note, I just looked at all of my recent posts and realized I forgot to post this last month for 2012. http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/201...gSession/1.pdf

Page 8 and 9 are the most interesting. It is a break down of enrollment at each campus by credit hours taken. Page 8 is undergrad and page 9 is grad. Interesting comparison:

942 undergrad students at SDSU last year were taking 3 credits or less. This is 8.5% of the total undergrad enrollment.
            Total part-time enrollment (11 credits or less) SDSU has 2,556 part time students or 23% of SDSU undergrads are part time.

1,206 undergrad students at USD were taking 3 credits or less. This is 15.7% of their total undergrad enrollment.
            Total part-time enrollment (11 credits or less) at USD is 3,061 or 39.8%.

So, regardless of what the numbers say for "total enrollment", FTE's are what matters most because it measures actual credit hours taken as JimmyJack pointed out.

Comment

Enrollment of 12,554 (down 29) but FTE's are up 67.4 to 10,220.2. More FTE's means more money so positive news but overall fairly flat. Solid performance by SDSM&T

http://sdbor.edu/mediapubs/pressrele...Enrollment.pdf

Comment

Just to give an idea of how important FTE is in evaluating the scope of a university: My current employer, Wichita State University, is generally thought to be a step larger than SDSU, with headcount of about 15,000. WSU is teaching 161K credit hours this semester, for an FTE count of: 10,794. (WSU actually figures its FTE based on a 12 credit load, rather than 15, so this university claims it has > 14,000 FTEs.) But in reality, WSU and SDSU are within a few hundred FTEs of each other and are, effectively, the same size.

USD, meanwhile, is within 2,300 of SDSU in headcount. In FTEs, though, USD is 3,001 smaller. Like WSU, USD has a higher percentage of its headcount taking less than a full load of credits than SDSU does. Based on what actually happens on campus as measured by credit hours produced, WSU = SDSU and SDSU = USD + Black Hills State.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                X