Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1230 KWSN commits gross journalistic malpractice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1230 KWSN commits gross journalistic malpractice?

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    I asked two of those questions... so in other words, I was on KWSN today. LOL
    Do you feel good about your self?????

Comment

To be honest, it's not something I'd do. I remember doing a press conference with our DSU athletic director about the school becoming an independent. I did the conference with the sports editor from the local paper and I ran the whole presser as is on my Saturday sports show. I didn't dub over the newspaper's questions and make them my own.

The only time I would consider dubbing over questions is if during my interview, would be if it was during a phone interview and my audio quality was so lousy I needed to redub my questions.

To me, it's a point of professional courtesy.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        So it was more like what Stewart and Colbert does? Without the premise of humor though of course.
        And, I think, the understanding that it isn't the actual person sitting across from them.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'd have to listen to it to get an actual understanding of it. Are they acting and passing the interview on as if they are giving it or are they just repeating the questions perbatum so you can understand them better? Its a very fine line, and can be interpreted very different by different people.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            I'd have to listen to it to get an actual understanding of it. Are they acting and passing the interview on as if they are giving it or are they just repeating the questions perbatum so you can understand them better? Its a very fine line, and can be interpreted very different by different people.
            Oh, no, they were pretending to actually talk to Nagy . . . calling him "Coach" and everything. You'd probably think it was a pretty decent interview - - - if you hadn't already heard the exact same answers from the conference call TV posted about three hours previous. And I don't recall that a single question on the call was actually asked by a KWSN personality.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              KWSN personality.
              That might be stretching it a bit.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Filbert's right. Creating a pretend interview from a teleconference where many reporters asked questions would clearly be unethical journalism. If the end result is misleading the listeners about the nature of the interaction, that's not acceptable. It's also just plain pathetic that the "reporter" wanted so badly to be part of the story that he would manufacture something like that.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                X