Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Hays visits Aberdeen

http://espn.go.com/espnw/womens-coll...-hoops-america

The Wolves averaged 2,399 fans per game a season ago, making them one of only two Division II teams to top 2,000; it's a mark that also would have been good enough to rank them ahead of more than 250 Division I programs, including the likes of California, Florida and Georgetown.

Re: Graham Hays visits Aberdeen

Hays can weave a tale! Like that he's willing to come out to SD for these kind of stories. He did a very nice story about SDSU hosting Gonzaga in 2010 and that OT win for the Jacks. Jacks ended up 4-8 starting Summit league action, and Gonzaga barely misses going to the final four.

Graham has a nose for a good story, and he writes it well.

Comment

This was a great story. Brought me back to my NSU days.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
        This was a great story. Brought me back to my NSU days.
        Agreed...and I didn't go to NSU! I thought you were an SDSU grad.

Comment

Went to NSU straight out of high school as a music major, loved Aberdeen, would live there again, honestly ... lived in Brookings for six years in the 90's and fell in love with State but only took classes there for a year, have been a State fan ever since. ...ended up with my degree from DSU... sometimes life takes weird paths...lol

Comment

It's articles like this that separate the Graham Hays of sports writing from the Stu Whitneys.Can you imagine Stu writing anything like this (uplifting)with all it's small town charm,and the way he immerses you into the story as if you were yourself a town resident.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              Went to NSU straight out of high school as a music major, loved Aberdeen, would live there again, honestly ... lived in Brookings for six years in the 90's and fell in love with State but only took classes there for a year, have been a State fan ever since. ...ended up with my degree from DSU... sometimes life takes weird paths...lol
              So you are an alum of NSUSDSUDSU?

Comment

I just consider myself a state fan...lol If I ever have money I will donate to state, not NSU or DSU

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  It's articles like this that separate the Graham Hays of sports writing from the Stu Whitneys.Can you imagine Stu writing anything like this (uplifting)with all it's small town charm,and the way he immerses you into the story as if you were yourself a town resident.
                  2 things wrong with this. Stu doesn't write stories. Stu doesn't believe sports exist in SD outside of Sioux Falls.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                  X