Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontier Airlines is coming to Sioux Falls

News release:
    DENVER, March 02, 2011 - Frontier Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET), today announced plans to add Knoxville, Tenn. (TYS); Provo, Utah (PVU) and Sioux Falls, S.D. (FSD) to its route map with the addition of nonstop service from its Denver hub. These three markets bring the total of nonstop destinations served from Denver by Frontier to 63.

In addition, the carrier announced it will launch new nonstop service between its Kansas City hub and both Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. (MSP) and San Antonio, Texas (SAT) this summer. The new service rounds out the carrier’s summer schedule that features increased capacity in top markets and the return of popular summer seasonal service.

“These new markets really highlight our desire to give our guests affordable and convenient travel to more destinations than ever before,” said Daniel Shurz, vice president of strategy and planning. “Frontier is an airline that truly provides our guests choice in how they want to travel. With our affordable fares, convenient schedules, and better and different service, we are looking forward to joining these communities and giving them the opportunity to choose how they want to fly.”
    Effective July 4, 2011:
    Departs Denver 3:32 pm, Arrive Sioux Falls 5:59 pm
    Depart Sioux Falls 6:30 pm, Arrive Denver 7:10 pm

Probably not the best possible schedule for Sioux Falls, but it's a toe in the door for Sioux Falls with a low-cost airline.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Frontier Airlines is coming to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    News release:
    Effective July 4, 2011:

Probably not the best possible schedule for Sioux Falls, but it's a toe in the door for Sioux Falls with a low-cost airline.
    I read this and thought of course not untill july. A friend is coming in April to help us install our flooring and he has to come into omaha from denver and ride with my brother because direct flights are so much currently into SF. Glad to have that option. Will make it much easier to visit friends there then wasting 2 days just for travel.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      News release:
      Effective July 4, 2011:

They did the same thing in Fargo, departs 3 minutes after the United flight to Denver and ran the exact fare, so people who are Loyal to United and have Miles and segments will still use it. They dropped service in Fargo and couldn't figure out why no one used it when United added dailys.....DUH
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p

Comment

I have the feeling Frontier is taking Sioux Falls' money and running for the hills . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Frontier flew between Rapid City and Denver for a while before pullling out last year (I think). A lot of people didn't like their propeller driven airplanes that they used, DASH 8 aircraft if I remember correctly.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
            X