Madison Gymnasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison Gymnasts

Madison's string of 16-straight gymnastics state championships came to an end tonight in Watertown. What an amazing night and what an amazing group of young ladies.

Obviously, I feel bad for them, but they are part of something very few people can ever claim. After all, how many people can claim to have helped establish a national record?

I was impressed with Deuel's team and fans. They showed a lot of class tonight at the awards ceremony. Congratulations, Cardinals! But don't rest on those laurels... The Bulldogs will be back!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Madison Gymnasts

WooHoo!!! Go Cards! My former high school finally wins somethng.

Comment

Re: Madison Gymnasts

Winning 16 straight gymnasts state titles is a very big thing for Madison who in my heydays was always the door mat of the ESD. They just did not have the enrollment to compete.
      I was in your city recently and was browsing in the flea market store. I came across a 1951 yearbook, and in the football that year they had managed to win two conference games and several basketball games that year.

I want to say they had some good bb teams with the Applewick brothers, Robert Rumrill, Tewilliger and others. I know they made one state A appearence about 1954, that I recall.

I digress, but enjoy my trips to Madison for oil changes on my Prostrello bought car. They treat their customers good. Madison is a good business town.

Madison is lucky to have good coaching and interest by parents to have earned 16 straight titles. I hope this program is not a victim of the 10 per cent cuts.

Comment

Working...
      X