Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we need higher education in South Dakota

http://keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=110745

If this is true this is going to impact 3rd world countries greatly. I hope the Regents and Legislators are taking note.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: This is why we need higher education in South Dakota

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    http://keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=110745

If this is true this is going to impact 3rd world countries greatly. I hope the Regents and Legislators are taking note.
    Good for these students!

If this thing does what they say it can, it will change things all over the world. Not to mention that they won't have to worry about placement for jobs after they graduate.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Good going students. Do we really want to privatize SD Tech? It would kill innovation in my opinion since if the private source control the objects of research all research into the future will be skewed towards the private guy who already has more bucks than what knows what to do with. The rich get richer and the poor well they are already skrewed. (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Good going students. Do we really want to privatize SD Tech? It would kill innovation in my opinion since if the private source control the objects of research all research into the future will be skewed towards the private guy who already has more bucks than what knows what to do with. The rich get richer and the poor well they are already skrewed. (sic)
        Likely the school will own the patents... sometimes it is bad deal to invent something worthwhile during a senior design project, now if they used only their own money. they would own the rights.

Or at least that is what they told us @ state.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Likely the school will own the patents... sometimes it is bad deal to invent something worthwhile during a senior design project, now if they used only their own money. they would own the rights.

Or at least that is what they told us @ state.
          They probably had to sign an "intellectual property" agreement to the school.

Comment

Working...
          X