SDHSAA Considering More Football Classes - 11AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDHSAA Considering More Football Classes - 11AAA

Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader is discussing this further today on the weekly sports web live show. He will have on Mark Meile, activities coordinator for the Sioux Falls School District, and Steve Kueter, athletic director and football coach at O’Gorman.

Log onto www.ArgusLeader.com if you want to listen.

Comment

Re: SDHSAA Considering More Football Classes - 11AAA

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
      I think they should increase the enrollment for 11AA to 550+ (right now it's at 450+), this would put Huron, Douglas & Spearfish into 11A.

And than like most, I think 9-Man should move to 2 divisions instead of 3.

In general, I think more schools in South Dakota need to consolidate. There are way too many small schools that have tiny enrollments. Unless there are no other schools within 30 miles, public schools with enrollment of 50 or less should consolidate with another schools district. That would make for 35 schools in South Dakota.
      This would be by far the more rational response, IMHO. Just move the enrollment thresholds for the various classes. Or make a transition range, where schools can choose to play "up" or "play down." Or let schools form co-ops (avoiding the word "consolidation" for political reasons.)

Or do all three. "Problem" solved.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
      X