Mitchell (Greenways) v Watertown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell (Greenways) v Watertown

I just returned from one of the more entertaining high school football games I've seen in a while. Watertown hosted Mitchell and came away with a win 27-20 but let me tell you, the Mitchell team is a very dangerous football team and fun to watch. It was Greenway to the left, Greenway to the right (they're twins) most of the night but they have other players too. The way the Greenway twins ran with the ball is somewhat reminiscent of some of the great running backs we've had at SDSU in recent years. They're not real big but they don't go down the first time they're hit and rarely go down the second time they're hit.

Mitchell falls to 3-4 for the season which is a real shame. They're the best 3-4 team in the state.

The Greenways are juniors. I suspect college coaches are watching them for something (they're multiple-sport competitors and seem to be impervious to harm because they shook off some big hits tonight).

Watertown goes to 7-0 and they had to earn this one tonight.

Re: Mitchell (Greenways) v Watertown

The Greenway's older brother was a walk-on safety with the Jackrabbits. He worked hard to make the team but, through no fault of his own, didn't stick. Just didn't have the ability.

Comment

Right now, I'd have to say the two Greenways at Mitchell are not D-1 player BUT they have the potential to develop, get a little more size etc. and I think they're well worth watching. I detest the over-used sports cliches but many of them fit these guys: 110% effort; motor never stops; etc. The are very quick and if you give them the slightest opening, they exploit it. Real hard-nosed customers.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Right now, I'd have to say the two Greenways at Mitchell are not D-1 player BUT they have the potential to develop, get a little more size etc. and I think they're well worth watching. I detest the over-used sports cliches but many of them fit these guys: 110% effort; motor never stops; etc. The are very quick and if you give them the slightest opening, they exploit it. Real hard-nosed customers.
        I saw them against Yankton, a game Yankton came from behind to win on homecoming, and they were very impressive. Quick with that burst of speed necessary to get into the open field. They are just too small for a scholarship offer at the DI level right now (this is the opinion of someone who does not evaluate high school talent for athletic scholarships).

They are really fun to watch and from what I understand very fine young men. Remember the Grosdidier's from Mitchell? Jamie played at SDSU, did one of his brothers as well?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I saw them against Yankton, a game Yankton came from behind to win on homecoming, and they were very impressive. Quick with that burst of speed necessary to get into the open field. They are just too small for a scholarship offer at the DI level right now (this is the opinion of someone who does not evaluate high school talent for athletic scholarships).

They are really fun to watch and from what I understand very fine young men. Remember the Grosdidier's from Mitchell? Jamie played at SDSU, did one of his brothers as well?

I think Jamie was the only Grosdidier that played at SDSU. Jamie's nephew, Trevor Hohn, played a couple years ago at SDSU.

Comment

Working...
          X