Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanford-Mike Miller 3 on 3 Streetball Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanford-Mike Miller 3 on 3 Streetball Challenge!

Miller has put this on for 4 years and this year failed to even show up! The Kids that traveled from across the state or even down the street to see him were very disappointed!

What a tool! Can't even show up to his home state to support a cause that has his name on it! He was supposedly in Phoenix, AZ opening something for the tournament sponsors with some MMA fighters.

Thanks Mike!

Re: Sanford-Mike Miller 3 on 3 Streetball Challenge!

I don't want to talk down on Mike because he's donated millions back into South Dakota and seems to have a good head on his shoulders...plus, he's a local boy. BUT...ya gotta fly in and make an appearance, even if for just an hour or so, don't you? That being said, maybe something came up last minute that altered his plans.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Things happen,but,he could have sent out an explanation a little sooner, if possible, so people who were traveling a long distance to see him in person,could of changed thier plans.Easier said than done sometimes when you have contractual things pop up & your obligated to fulfill an appearence somewhere else.We don't know all the facts.

Comment

Would that be the same thing as Scott Nagy not showing up to his own individual camp? The camp brochure had two pictures of Nagy and a short letter from the head coach. I'm sure some of the campers expected to see Nagy there.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
          Would that be the same thing as Scott Nagy not showing up to his own individual camp? The camp brochure had two pictures of Nagy and a short letter from the head coach. I'm sure some of the campers expected to see Nagy there.

Is that the camp in June for K-6th grade? He was at the one that my son attended.

Comment

I don't know why there seems to be so much contempt for Mike Miller around this state.

He seems like a good dude that has given a lot back to the state.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              I don't know why there seems to be so much contempt for Mike Miller around this state.

People say and think all sorts of things--and you can generally find what you're looking for, if you look hard enough. If you want to find contempt for Mike Miller, you can find it. If you want to find Mike Miller jock-sniffing, you can find that too.

Comment

there was a lot of hate for mike when he played in high school and some have never changed their opinion of him. he's been called a lot worse than a "tool". btw, the corn palace will host the first ever Mike Miller Foundation Classic Dec 30-31. Read more about it here. http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/45329

maybe RabbitNation can go and call him a "tool" in person. of course it says he is going to try to be there, depending on his schedule. so dont get bent out of shape if he isnt there.

Comment

IMO, its a small state. Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Miller. Many people know about his accomplishments, but a lot of people also know about his weaknesses too.

I don't think the love/hate ratio is too out of whack for Miller compared to any other person in the state. I can think of people I don't particularly like, and there are others I have a ton of respect for.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

What exactly has he given back to the state in terms of finances? Not much that I can tell. He has put on these camps and those probably make him some money, not much, but I doubt they put him in the red.

Comment

He has donated significant amounts of money to various children's charities within the state. Very significant amounts.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        He has donated significant amounts of money to various children's charities within the state. Very significant amounts.
                        Thanks I assumed someone would correct me on this. I unfortunately have not taken the time to read about this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/mi...on-070523.html

http://apps.sd.gov/applications/de10...1b&record=1654
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Thanks again. Perhaps we are being hard on Mikey.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 08-11-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              there was a lot of hate for mike when he played in high school and some have never changed their opinion of him. he's been called a lot worse than a "tool". btw, the corn palace will host the first ever Mike Miller Foundation Classic Dec 30-31. Read more about it here. http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/45329

maybe RabbitNation can go and call him a "tool" in person. of course it says he is going to try to be there, depending on his schedule. so dont get bent out of shape if he isnt there.
                              Ok Ok, I would have just liked a heads up if he is not coming. I have played golf with Mike and good friends of his are my friends. He has had a great basketball career, and I still think he is a tool! My opinion I will leave it at that. Moving on!

Comment

Working...
                              X