Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned Indian spammer (originated tennis thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Indian spammer (originated tennis thread)

The thread in Pro Sports about female tennis players was posted by an IP address in India.

I feel no obligation to host such things (especially because malware can be embedded in images). I don't know if those images were in any way infected, and I don't really have time to deal with it one way or another.

Thread is gone, poster is banned.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Banned Indian spammer (originated tennis thread)

I spent 3 days cleaning my computer after inadvertantly downloading the "Antivirus XP 2008" trojan/malware this weekend when "borrowing" some music from the internet. I ended up having to run SDFix.exe to finally clean it out. Nasty little bugger. The virus/trojan/malware takes over your internet browser and prevents you from accessing any of the sites necessary to solve the problem and prevents you from downloading the necessary software to clean out your registry, etc. Had to download the software at work, run the computer on safe mode and hope for the best. I think there's a lesson to be learned there, but I'm not sure I've figured it out yet.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Sounds like your "borrowing" cost you quite a bit; time, frustration, blood pressure medication.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        I spent 3 days cleaning my computer after inadvertantly downloading the "Antivirus XP 2008" trojan/malware this weekend when "borrowing" some music from the internet. I ended up having to run SDFix.exe to finally clean it out. Nasty little bugger. The virus/trojan/malware takes over your internet browser and prevents you from accessing any of the sites necessary to solve the problem and prevents you from downloading the necessary software to clean out your registry, etc. Had to download the software at work, run the computer on safe mode and hope for the best. I think there's a lesson to be learned there, but I'm not sure I've figured it out yet.
        I experienced the same virus and subsequent headache about 2 months ago. My computer will never be the same.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Sounds like your "borrowing" cost you quite a bit; time, frustration, blood pressure medication.
          What's that saying about sticking your hand in the lion's cage? That's me.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

For those that clicked here just to see what was up...

its dot not feather.

Just saw Good Will Hunting again last night couldn't help myself
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
            X